Thank you TPD, East Div.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Had my work truck (Freightliner van) breakdown at a stop light getting off 169 at 11th st. Had a lady pull in so tight behind me no one could see my flashers. I called work and got a tow dispatched right away. TPD pulled up and I let him know what was up and he said "Let me clear these cars out and I will try to push you". He went to the lady behind me and tapped on her glass (she was on the phone bitching about me being on the phone and holding traffic up to my work). He said, and I paraphrase, "see those flashing lights there? It means he is broken down. Back up and go around". LMFAO.....

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had my work truck (Freightliner van) breakdown at a stop light getting off 169 at 11th st. Had a lady pull in so tight behind me no one could see my flashers. I called work and got a tow dispatched right away. TPD pulled up and I let him know what was up and he said "Let me clear these cars out and I will try to push you". He went to the lady behind me and tapped on her glass (she was on the phone bitching about me being on the phone and holding traffic up to my work). He said, and I paraphrase, "see those flashing lights there? It means he is broken down. Back up and go around". LMFAO.....

:clap3:

I hate it when people pull up so close behind like that. I always try to leave enough space to get out of there if something bad starts to happen.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
LOL, that lady was nuts for sure.

I know.... I was there for 15 min at least. She was telling my super how hot it was outside, her grand babies were with her, there should be a policy against employees being on the phone (I was talking to the shop mechanic and getting a tow truck), ect. work has it recorded so I am going to see if I can listen. Priceless!

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know.... I was there for 15 min at least. She was telling my super how hot it was outside, her grand babies were with her, there should be a policy against employees being on the phone (I was talking to the shop mechanic and getting a tow truck), ect. work has it recorded so I am going to see if I can listen. Priceless!

I have been there. I used to drive a delivery truck for a lumber company. It was back before cell phones were so popular or affordable. I broke down or got stuck a lot. It is amazing how jerky people get when all they have to do is GO AROUND. They spend more time hollering and making a scene. I sometimes wanted to yell back. "Hey buddy its not like I wanted this to happen."

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have automatic transmissions to thank for this.
Almost gone are the days of cars and trucks rolling back 5 or 6 feet before taking off.
One good roll back would have broke her of tailgating stopped vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom