"the boltman"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yeah.... so that bolt that was "going out friday the 18th" stated on tuesday the 15th. i got impatient yet again. silly me.

emailed him to let him know i still do not have it, as once again, i had herd nothing from him. i got a response tonight, "your bolt is going out tomorrow"

i swear, i will NEVER use this guy again, i do not care how good the bolt is.

at some point one has to weigh the options. i will take a reliable person providing a lesser quality product with good business sense over a person who is the exact opposite, any day.

i already addressed the last post defending him. i am sure he makes good stuff. but in my first post i said its common business sense in my opinion. if you are over worked or having problems DO NOT ACCEPT MORE WORK THAN YOU CAN HANDLE!" had he told me he is not accepting orders. i would have simply gone elsewhere. even bill coye has that business sense, even thou i have been wanting a custom alpha echo forever now.

Take it from a retired gunsmith. Its not about taking in too much work. Its about not being able to get the work done because the customers keep calling asking when it will be done.
I would take in a gun and tell the customer not to call me for at least 30 days because I had to order parts and there was no guarantee the first place I tried would have the part.
Guess what! The clown oops! I meant "fine customer" would start calling 2 days later and call damned near every day. This! times 10-15 of these fine customers meant I got no work done. I started leaving the phone off the hook and only answering at certain times of the day. Finally I ended up being open only 2 days a week for calls and walkins and closed the rest of the time to get the work done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom