The Chicoms are mapping our harbors.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m sure we are doing the same but it really sunk in when seeing the ship that was apparently doing the spying in our waters.
The ship was launched in China in April of 2023. It sailed to South Korea to pick up a shipment of steel that has never been delivered.
Made its way into Lake Superior and has been anchored for three weeks a mile or so outside of the Duluth Mn harbor entrance. It’s covered in antenna arrays unlike any other freighter we have seen come and go from the harbor.

IMG_3309.jpeg

IMG_3306.jpeg

IMG_3341.png

There is a walking trail along the shore. Just above that behind a band of trees there are a couple of veteran memorials.
Above that is the outside balcony of our favorite restaurant where we always sit. For three weeks, we have watched people with big telescopes watching that ship from one of the veterans memorials.
Monday it was gone.
We’ve watched dozens of freighters from all over the world come and go from this harbor. None have the antenna arrays this ship had. Freighters don’t make money sitting in harbors for three weeks.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can google earth most things.
You can have a spy do whatever needs done for mapping.

I would bet it has already been done long ago.

The owner of that ship is probably into the best HI TECH radio equipment available.
I think I read somewhere recently where some guy has way more in his "fishy finder" than I have in the entire purchase and build of any of my boats or vehicles :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The owner of that ship is probably into the best HI TECH radio equipment available.
I think I read somewhere recently where some guy has way more in his "fishy finder" than I have in the entire purchase and build of any of my boats or vehicles :)
Just my suspicion but I'm betting it was monitoring the harbor radio traffic, and so on. Pretty much, things that take in-person work to accomplish. All ships have transponders, and there are apps to keep track of their location unless they go dark.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I think I've heard of that guy

Latest posts

Top Bottom