The general public and OC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes smart alleck remarks are the best.

Probably something like: For my personal protection.

But I also favor: "Because a cop is to heavy" and "Because I haven't taught it to walk yet"

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am curious as to what you guys are going to tell the public when one of them comes up and asks "Why are you open carrying a gun?"

Not looking for smart alleck remarks, but short simple explanations that would help set the average non armed citizen at ease.

That's a darn good question. It could happen - maybe - sometime; so its probably best to be prepared with an answer.

Something along the lines of "hmmm... why am I open carrying - I guess that would be to get the attention of reasonable citizens like you so that you can see that reasonable citizens like me are not a threat to you. and besides since I don't have my own personal cop walking around with me everywhere I go I want to be prepared when and if someone ever tries to harm me or my family. Mind if I ask you a question - what would you do if someone accosted you or yours?".

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would a person walk up to a person carrying a gun and start barking questions at them?

I agree with this. This is Oklahoma, a Red state, the only one that voted against Obummer in all counties. I don't think it will happen and I know I will not be asked because I will not carry open. Been carrying CC for 16 years why should I change.

Latest posts

Top Bottom