The general public and OC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to have to agree with Werewolf. I will use it as an opportunity to educate someone that law abiding citizens should have the right to carry. If they want to ask, they need to be ready for a response.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
....it is because if a criminal ever attacks my family, I dont want to have any regrets about being unprepared to protect them. You should consider yourself fortunate that you live in a state that allows you to protect yourself and your family from armed CRIMINALS! Some states actually give the advantage to the CRIMINALS by making sure they are the only ones armed by passing laws that keep law abiding citizens from being armed. Does that seem right to you?

THAT is my answer!

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can see people interested in getting a permit for themselves... and asking questions out of curiosity. I'll point them in the right direction.. plus, I'll tell them I've carried concealed 17 yrs without any problems and with open carry it is much more comfortable and I don't have to maintain a extra large wardrobe just for concealment. At 300 pounds.. those 4x shirts & jackets get expensive.

Now if it is someone being a 'A-hole'.. just ignore them.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd tell them because I would like to be prepared to protect my family and myself. And it is much more comfortable than trying to conceal. And that I want the average person to see that normal, responsible people carry guns, too... not just criminals!

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because the ninja stars kept cutting holes in my pockets!

In all seriousness though, it's none of their business. A nice "To protect my family and myself if need be", would certainly work though.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think what is probably a lot more likely is you will have a lot more anti gun businesses engaging OC folks. I think that will be the biggest hassle for those of us who choose OC.

With concealed carry, if a business doesn't see you carrying, they won't/can't make a fuss about not wanting your business.

Personally once I get back to Tulsa and get my CCW license renewed I'll probably still CC most of the time just so I can run my errands around town in peace.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quick_Draw_McGraw said:
I think what is probably a lot more likely is you will have a lot more anti gun businesses engaging OC folks. I think that will be the biggest hassle for those of us who choose OC.

With concealed carry, if a business doesn't see you carrying, they won't/can't make a fuss about not wanting your business.

Personally once I get back to Tulsa and get my CCW license renewed I'll probably still CC most of the time just so I can run my errands around town in peace.

If they don't want my business their competitors Do.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say "Hey, look over there!" while pointing behind them, like this:
t1_gstatic_com_images_360a8c42a889d50a9e60445530426ddf._.jpg

and walk away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom