The general public and OC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This gun is worse than my dog... turn around and its underfoot... so I just put it on- easier that way!

My story and I am sticking to it.

If you do it right... you wont get noticed anyway.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, this gun? I've been told it brings out my eyes. What do you think?

Or...

Oh, this gun? Well, the 8" barrel king cobra kept getting caught in my seatbelt.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a issue / scenerio that hasn't been discussed yet... in this age of cell phones that can take a hour or more of quality video and audio using a 16-32GB micro SD card... we need to be alert to antis bating us who might be open carrying into situations on the street & in stores... while a friend of theirs is video recording it from the side with their cell phone. I saw the Nato protestors in Chicago doing that to the police this evening on Fox News.

Inside a store, like Walmart, you have the store's video surveillance cameras to back you up in showing that you didn't do any thing out of line... but there isn't any audio.. only video.

But these anti idiots using the latest cell phones can record and then edit the video later... so you sure want to always maintain your temper.. don't get into the habit of resting your hand on your weapon [a video could be edited to make it look like you were making a threat]... and don't ever threaten some A-hole with a A$$ whipping who is harassing you about your gun... as it might be recorded.

Do like Patrick Swayze told his bar bouncers in the movie "Road House" ... "Be Nice!" Until its time not to be nice anymore. And that time is when you have to draw your weapon in self defense to prevent serious injury or death. Politeness will not hurt you or cost you money.

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video...Th5JzRziHE&sigr=11aflil47&newfp=1&tit=Be+Nice

Bravo 3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was having lunch at a restaurant with my doctor and the owner which happens to also be one of his patients and the OC subject came up.This is my hunch and hope I am wrong!
If a lets say restaurant has 20 customers (anti gun or just not informed) and are nervous or uncomfortable because one person that is not a cop is wearing an open firearm then the owner will have to make a business decision if it is costing him money.
I unfortunately anticipate a lot of signs going up "No Open Firearms" or worse "No Firearms"
As I said I hope I am wrong but time will tell and I think pretty quickly.

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Having OCd in other states, I usually respond with a quick question and a smile, "why aren't you carrying a firearm too "?

You will then usually get all the reasons that they are asking you in the first place and then you can figure out where to take the conversation.

Just my $.02.

YMMV

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom