The impending economic collapse of America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will the ACA affect your discretionary spending?

• Yes

Votes: 42 59.2%
  • No

Votes: 29 40.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have any of you thought about what the ACA is going to do to the middle class and eventually the economy?

The discretionary funds once spent on eating out or making fun purchases are going away. And with tighter credit markets, the spending won't be there to support the service jobs.

The middle class will be limited to spending money on food, energy, and healthcare.

The ACA will cause a snowball effect on the economy with first people having their hours cut then eventually loosing there jobs.

I posted a poll about the percentage of us that will pay more for healthcare and see a lot of us are going to pay more.

I would like to know if the increase in your healthcare costs will affect your discretionary spending. Or can you cover it without feeling much financial pain. It would also be interesting to see an estimate of a percentage of your discretionary funds that you will now spend on the ACA.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I voted No because I won't see it immediately but now I think I should have voted Yes. It will probably effect my discretionary spending not because of insurance costs but what it will eventually do to my SS check.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Parabellum 3:08 - "And the Lord sayeth unto Reddog, 'thou art mammon; for thy love for thy fiat asswipe is great, but lo, the asswipe is wortheth not."

(Use those worthless Fed Reserve Notes while they still have value, and purchase things that have value)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Parabellum 3:08 - "And the Lord sayeth unto Reddog, 'thou art mammon; for thy love for thy fiat asswipe is great, but lo, the asswipe is wortheth not."

(Use those worthless Fed Reserve Notes while they still have value, and purchase things that have value)

:rollingla Nicely done, sir ... nicely done! :D

And yes, it does.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have any of you thought about what the ACA is going to do to the middle class and eventually the economy?

The discretionary funds once spent on eating out or making fun purchases are going away. And with tighter credit markets, the spending won't be there to support the service jobs.

The middle class will be limited to spending money on food, energy, and healthcare.

The ACA will cause a snowball effect on the economy with first people having their hours cut then eventually loosing there jobs.

I posted a poll about the percentage of us that will pay more for healthcare and see a lot of us are going to pay more.

I would like to know if the increase in your healthcare costs will affect your discretionary spending. Or can you cover it without feeling much financial pain. It would also be interesting to see an estimate of a percentage of your discretionary funds that you will now spend on the ACA.

Since the ACA was shoved up our ass your choice is this. Comply or get fined. So there is no choice between buying fun stuff and eating out. You will either buy insurance or get a tax fine. Im disappointed the mean ol government is making ppl choose between fun stuff n eating out and buying a useful product.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I've heard......no actual knowledge. :hithead:

Isn't the penalty only something like $90-95 if you don't sign up?
If so, that would tend to make me believe a lot of folks just won't sign up and pay the penalty. Would be considerably cheaper. :screwy:

Latest posts

Top Bottom