The last two OC'rs I saw....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings about the way they dress or look while open carrying but you have to remember we live in a democracy where majority rules. For most of a century the majority of voters in Oklahoma wanted laws to prevent us from open carrying and only in recent years have the laws been reversed to allow us the opportunity. With all the mass shootings the gun control climate is quite unstable so we don't want to do ANY thing to encourage politicians and voters to pass new laws forbidding us from OC.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings about the way they dress or look while open carrying but you have to remember we live in a democracy where majority rules. For most of a century the majority of voters in Oklahoma wanted laws to prevent us from open carrying and only in recent years have the laws been reversed to allow us the opportunity. With all the mass shootings the gun control climate is quite unstable so we don't want to do ANY thing to encourage politicians and voters to pass new laws forbidding us from OC.

AWWWW.....nevermind...8/

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My feelings were never hurt. I was only pointing out that simply viewing someone's "appearance" and using that to formulate an opinion on whether they should be deemed responsible enough to carry a weapon can be dangerous.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not saying I fit in that category... I'm not out to represent anyone's rights. I'm not a politician or an activist, except as it applies to me, emailing my elected officials. But personally, I don't want to be judged "unfit" just because I don't look like a businessperson.

We have another good customer that is an exec for a communication company, with the exception of the ear rings he looks just as crusty as you do. I don't think that the old timers on the board understand that the truly respectable members of society don't judge you tatted up thugs as thugs.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A buddy of mine was a Navy Corpsman with an infantry battalion, has sleeves on both arms and a bit of ink on his neck and the back of his hands. Since he got out he has grown a beard and gotten rings in his ears, gauges I think they're called. He has just been accepted to start training for the DEA in a few months. Which, although it wouldn't be my chosen profession, it's respectable employment nonetheless. I will say that if you put him in a suit, except for his mom's and sister's names on the backs of his hands (who died together in car accident while him and dad were at home, he was hardly old enough to remember either of them) you'd never be able to tell he had ink everywhere. Oh and he's also a published novelist, and as a result is actually fairly well off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom