The Mid-Term Election thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Referring to them as Tea baggers ain't any different than being refered to as a libtard or dumocrat. Either way I ain't apologizing for that. Skin needs to be just a little thicker in political threads.

Personally, I don't recall ever calling them "libtard" or "dumocrat." Well, maybe with Obumbo, but not Democrats as a whole. Also, in spite of your reference, I've never "tea bagged," but I was a participant at the Tea Party rallies.

However, carry on spouting nonsense anyway.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. The government shutdown was entirely, not partly, not kind of, but entirely the responsibility of the Ted Cruz and his minions. It's not even debatable.

Friday was the fourth day of the government shutdown, and there’s still no sign of an exit. What’s surprising about the ongoing fight is how a small group of members of Congress have managed to bring Washington to a halt. Just months ago, Speaker John Boehner was warning that forcing the government to shut down over Obamacare or anything else was politically hazardous. Yet Boehner remains stuck, his strategy dictated by a small rump of members in the Republican caucus who refuse to budge. On Monday night, as government funding ran out, a group of around 40 hardline conservatives refused to support any resolution to fund the government that didn't defund Obamacare.

2. Let me guess, The Atlantic is a liberal rag?

Ted Cruz faced a barrage of hostile questions Wednesday from angry GOP senators, who lashed the Texas tea party freshman for helping prompt a government shutdown crisis without a strategy to end it.

At a closed-door lunch meeting in the Senate’s Mansfield Room, Republican after Republican pressed Cruz to explain how he would propose to end the bitter budget impasse with Democrats, according to senators who attended the meeting. A defensive Cruz had no clear plan to force an end to the shutdown — or explain how he would defund Obamacare, as he has demanded all along, sources said.

3. My bad, of course Politico is a liberal rag also, right?

In his debut appearance on the “Tonight Show,” the speaker of the House conceded that Republicans were responsible for October’s government shutdown, saying it was a “very predictable disaster.”

4. How about Republican Speaker of the House John Boehner, is he a liberal talking head?

1. Even though the Republican House had passed bills to prevent the "shutdown," it was the Democrats that didn't even take up the bill, let alone vote on it. And, when the "shutdown" came about, how was it that government employees could still go get barricades to close down Washington, D.C. monuments that were normally open 24/7 for 365 days a year?

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4. Yes. Although, I would classify him as a progressive instead of a liberal.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I don't recall ever calling them "libtard" or "dumocrat." Well, maybe with Obumbo, but not Democrats as a whole. Also, in spite of your reference, I've never "tea bagged," but I was a participant at the Tea Party rallies.

However, carry on spouting nonsense anyway.
Terry, There's a guy on OSA who joined about the same time you and I did and his handle is T-Baggin98. Did he name himself that to offend you? (I doubt it, but you should probably shoot him a PM demanding an apology anyway)
I'm guessing he named himself that because a lot of Tea Party supporters were calling themselves Teabaggers in those days. Old white guys like him and you and me didn't know anything about the Urban dictionary and didn't know there was another connotation until the kids pointed it out to us. Why did you guys let the liberals steal your word from you? Why take offense at a word of your own coinage? What's the big deal?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Terry, There's a guy on OSA who joined about the same time you and I did and his handle is T-Baggin98. Did he name himself that to offend you? (I doubt it, but you should probably shoot him a PM demanding an apology anyway)
I'm guessing he named himself that because a lot of Tea Party supporters were calling themselves Teabaggers in those days. Old white guys like him and you and me didn't know anything about the Urban dictionary and didn't know there was another connotation until the kids pointed it out to us. Why did you guys let the liberals steal your word from you? Why take offense at a word of your own coinage? What's the big deal?

I supported the Tea Party before they were infiltrated by the GOP. I know for a fact that I never heard one single member or supporter call themselves "teabaggers". I knew what the negative connotation was long before the Tea Party ever came into being. Had I ever heard one call themselves that, I'd have done them a favor and "educated" them.

Feel free to provide documentation to the contrary. Until then, I'm going to call BS on your little story.

P.S. "T-Baggin98" stood for a "bagged" (air ride suspension) 1998 Chevy Tahoe and had less than nothing to do with what you thought it did. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom