The Mid-Term Election thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The government shutdown was entirely, not partly, not kind of, but entirely the responsibility of the Ted Cruz and his minions. It's not even debatable.

Friday was the fourth day of the government shutdown, and there’s still no sign of an exit. What’s surprising about the ongoing fight is how a small group of members of Congress have managed to bring Washington to a halt. Just months ago, Speaker John Boehner was warning that forcing the government to shut down over Obamacare or anything else was politically hazardous. Yet Boehner remains stuck, his strategy dictated by a small rump of members in the Republican caucus who refuse to budge. On Monday night, as government funding ran out, a group of around 40 hardline conservatives refused to support any resolution to fund the government that didn't defund Obamacare.

Let me guess, The Atlantic is a liberal rag?

Ted Cruz faced a barrage of hostile questions Wednesday from angry GOP senators, who lashed the Texas tea party freshman for helping prompt a government shutdown crisis without a strategy to end it.

At a closed-door lunch meeting in the Senate’s Mansfield Room, Republican after Republican pressed Cruz to explain how he would propose to end the bitter budget impasse with Democrats, according to senators who attended the meeting. A defensive Cruz had no clear plan to force an end to the shutdown — or explain how he would defund Obamacare, as he has demanded all along, sources said.

My bad, of course Politico is a liberal rag also, right?

In his debut appearance on the “Tonight Show,” the speaker of the House conceded that Republicans were responsible for October’s government shutdown, saying it was a “very predictable disaster.”

How about Republican Speaker of the House John Boehner, is he a liberal talking head?

To be fair, The Atlantic is an INCREDIBLY liberal rag (seriously, I wouldn't wipe my dog's butt with it). Boehner is a complete RINO and in no way is he a conservative. As for Politico? Well...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/06/27/Politico-Front-page-all-in-obama

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
To be fair, The Atlantic is an INCREDIBLY liberal rag (seriously, I wouldn't wipe my dog's butt with it). Boehner is a complete RINO and in no way is he a conservative. As for Politico? Well...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/06/27/Politico-Front-page-all-in-obama

I want to make sure I have this straight, you do not even bother with the content, just attack the source. And while your at it, disregard Boehner's opinion and then to bolster your attack you link to Breitbart.

Now, when you wrote, "LOL, I've caught you out (sic) SEVERAL tomes (sic) using these dishonest debate tactics. Your sources are frequently so poor that they wouldn't get you any further in a college course than using Wikipedia." is that the kind of "caught you out" to which you were referring?

It's not often that a person so completely exposes their bias and hypocrisy so thoroughly in such few words. My congratulations. Well done.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want to make sure I have this straight, you do not even bother with the content, just attack the source. And while your at it, disregard Boehner's opinion and then to bolster your attack you link to Breitbart.

Now, when you wrote, "LOL, I've caught you out (sic) SEVERAL tomes (sic) using these dishonest debate tactics. Your sources are frequently so poor that they wouldn't get you any further in a college course than using Wikipedia." is that the kind of "caught you out" to which you were referring?

It's not often that a person so completely exposes their bias and hypocrisy so thoroughly in such few words. My congratulations. Well done.

Sarcasm is lost on you, isn't it? Consider that an illustrative post. :(

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think your receptors are fried from too much time on DU & Daily Kos. ;)

What's wrong with Ducks Unlimited? I like pictures of waterfowl.
habitatBenefits.jpg

You're not one of those rabid anti-hunting hippies are you?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's wrong with Ducks Unlimited? I like pictures of waterfowl.
View attachment 43353

You're not one of those rabid anti-hunting hippies are you?

Ducks are for the birds, just ask them. Ducks are however trustworthy. They always say the exact same thing. it doesn't vary even when it echoes. :)

It's spelled funny, but it's pronounced "Republican."

I crack myself up.

Your circumlocutious periphrasis is impressive!

Latest posts

Top Bottom