The Mid-Term Election thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That post is under meta analysis by the journal of science, John. The results are yet to be announced so I'm not at liberty to discuss them, but, believe me, there's more to come.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at some images from those days. If an old lady holds a sign saying "TeaBagging 4 Jesus" It doesn't mean anything. It is NOT a big deal.

[Broken External Image]
blogd.com_wp_wp_content_uploads_2014_02_screen_shot_teabagger_calls_self.png

blogd.com_wp_wp_content_uploads_2014_02_Tea_Bagger.jpg

www.blogcdn.com_www.urlesque.com_media_2010_02_sodomy_teabagging_1265590232.jpg

www.thenervousbreakdown.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_04_moran_jpeg.jpg

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Even though the Republican House had passed bills to prevent the "shutdown," it was the Democrats that didn't even take up the bill, let alone vote on it. And, when the "shutdown" came about, how was it that government employees could still go get barricades to close down Washington, D.C. monuments that were normally open 24/7 for 365 days a year?

There are only two choices, either you are completely ignorant as to what caused the shutdown or you're being completely disingenuous.

The government “shutdown” properly should be called “the Cruz Crisis.”

Forbes, a well known liberal rag, right?

Or how about Fox News and the man himself:

VAN SUSTEREN: OK, Senate vote today, 79 to 19, 25 Republicans crossed over and voted with the Democrats. And you say it's not over. So where does it go from here?

CRUZ: Well, it goes from here to the House of Representatives. And last week, the House stood strong. They passed a strong bill that defunded ObamaCare. They listened to the people.

And I am hopeful and optimistic they're going to continue to do the same thing. They're going to pass another strong bill and they're going to send it back to the Senate. And it's going to be back in our lap, and I hope this time, when it comes back to the Senate that Senate Republicans come together and stand shoulder to shoulder with House Republicans to actually fix this disaster of a law.

VAN SUSTEREN: What makes you think that would happen? Because if it goes back to the -- or it's going back to the House, and let's say the House puts back in the defunding of ObamaCare, the same bill, and then ships it back across to the Senate, why would you expect the Senate vote to be any different this time around?

CRUZ: Well, I don't know if they'll put the same language back in or if they'll do something else. What I think is critical is that they act to stop the harmful consequences that millions of Americans are feeling because of ObamaCare

CRUZ: For me, what I have said is that I will not vote for any continuing resolution that funds ObamaCare because I think ObamaCare is a disaster. I think it's a train wreck. I think it's a nightmare. You know, I'll note the last two terms, train wreck is what the Democratic senator, the lead author of ObamaCare called it, and nightmare is what James Hoffa, the president of the Teamsters called it.

And so from my end, I'm not going to vote for any continuing resolution that funds it, and I hope that the House continues doing what they do. I mean, I really want to salute Speaker Boehner and Leader Cantor and House leadership for joining arm in arm, bringing together all the Republicans in the House to listen to the American people. That's what they did last time, and I hope and believe they'll continue to do that..

Denying who's to blame for the shutdown is like denying the earth is round. It only makes you look foolish. Please feel free to continue.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He may be responsible for getting the effort going, but no one man can shut the government down all by himself.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Either side could have stopped the shut down so how is one party or person responsible. It happened because neither side would budge, the side you believe was wrong is the one responsible.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He may be responsible for getting the effort going, but no one man can shut the government down all by himself.

Transmitted via Tactical Telecommunications Device

Ted Cruz and a few fellow Tea Party'ers refused to vote for any funding bill that included money for ObamaCare. Ever after the house passed a funding bill and sent it to the senate. Removing the ObamaCare funding and sending it back to the house was absolutely guaranteed to shutdown the government. He did not do it alone, but he is, without question, the one responsible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom