The Mid-Term Election thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Clinton also had the opportunity to kill him but decided not to because he could have also killed 8 or 10 civilians. What about the 3000+ that died on the trade centers. They didn't give a **** about civilians in either of the trade center bombings.

That is a debate for another thread(since this is about mid-terms....kind of, lol). But the difference between civilized and savage is that we don't take innocent's lives when we don't have to. Yes there are consequenses to that(as you stated).

Last edited:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Doesn't matter as I didn't take it out of context. Is it that difficult for you to be responsible for what you say?

You continue to ask questions, as if you have something to say, say it. I never said you took anything out of context. If i said something to you and quoted you, then yes I would accept responsibility for anything I said to you.

it's a long thread, go back n read where you commented on what I said in reference to another poster. Nothing emotional, no fit throwing, no getting upset, no butthurt. Just you commenting, asking lil questions of me and which you squirm away from answering. It's ok tho. It's just a political thread, there will be more.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You continue to ask questions, as if you have something to say, say it. I never said you took anything out of context. If i said something to you and quoted you, then yes I would accept responsibility for anything I said to you.

it's a long thread, go back n read where you commented on what I said in reference to another poster. Nothing emotional, no fit throwing, no getting upset, no butthurt. Just you commenting, asking lil questions of me and which you squirm away from answering. It's ok tho. It's just a political thread, there will be more.

I can see the answer to my question pertaining to responsibility is a resounding... yes.

Switching gears. I must ask, are you proud of voting for Obama twice? or is it something you now regret?

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Apparently it is your Ignorance if think we couldn't have placed a precision guided bomb and his feet. You don't have to take out the the town to kill one person. Just more SPIN!

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can see the answer to my question pertaining to responsibility is a resounding... yes.

Switching gears. I must ask, are you proud of voting for Obama twice? or is it something you now regret?

Honestly and with all sincerity, if i had a do-over, I would vote for John McCain. However I would not change my vote for Obama vs Romney.

Main reason I didn't vote for McCain was his flip flopping, trying to appease the far right and the Palin debacle.

Romney, noway will I vote for a Republican with his record. I'd rather vote for a liberal Democrat.....at least I know what I'm getting.

Eta, just to answer specific questions. Proud or pride doesn't come into play when I vote. I vote for who or what I think is best. So no I'm not any more proud of voting for Obama, anymore than I'm proud I voted for lil george.....it's just a vote.

As for regrets....it's kinda like pride. There are only a very few regretful moments in my life....and my political choices don't rank among them. I regret real things, like saying I was following orders or I was young. I knew better.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Apparently it is your Ignorance if think we couldn't have placed a precision guided bomb and his feet. You don't have to take out the the town to kill one person. Just more SPIN!

You really should learn when to quit. Kandahar is small city with a population of over 400,000. That "precision guided bomb" would have killed hundreds of innocent civilians. And I see your ignored the fact that when OBL was thought to be in a location that was remote, Clinton did try to kill him. Don't try and rewrite recent history.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No you should stop believing all the BS you read... I guess if it benefits your spin or Clinton in this case it's okay. We have the ability to put on thru your window and in your living room before it explodes and we don't have the ability to take him out. You need to go back to collage because you don't have a clue about the real world.

Big_McLargehuge

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No you should stop believing all the BS you read... I guess if it benefits your spin or Clinton in this case it's okay. We have the ability to put on thru your window and in your living room before it explodes and we don't have the ability to take him out. You need to go back to collage because you don't have a clue about the real world.

Yes, we can but a JDAM, Tomahawk, or Hellfire through a small window, but the effect does not remain small.

I've watched drones and their methods quite a bit. Considering that the Hellfire is one of the smaller missiles used in such strikes, the damage zone is rather large. Then again, we didn't have Reapers back in the 90's, either.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We blew Saddam up several times in Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom in places he turned out not to be. Sometimes smart bombs are only as smart as the people sending them. I didn't learn that by reading or doing collage. I saw it right there on TV.

Latest posts

Top Bottom