The Mid-Term Election thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thou doth protest too much.

Now if you are backpeddling to the point that you just simply stating who was in office during a recession, and not looking at the timeframe of the term or the previous policies that caused the issue, then I can see you being more misinformed that previously thought. Even though you "lived" through it.

Your words were.... "the Economy Boomed..... then Lil George happened" So since you are retracting any insinuendo let's be clear on what you are trying to say here.

It's a new day. I can't possibly explain the intent of each and every post during a political discussion. I'm obviously and usually in the minority when conveying my opinion. Most of my comments in this thread was with Coded-Dude. You commented on something I said in reference to him.

You see it gets tricky but I'll stand by my comments and defend them until it either becomes boring to me or when the thread unravels and ppl jus pile on comments.

If you would like to discuss what caused the bubble and who was responsible for it, cool. Presidents typically get credit for things that happened on their watch....both good and bad. The bubble grew on Clinton's watch and Burst on lil Georges watch. Are either responsible and deserving of credit or blame?

I seriously doubt either had a clue or understood what a bubble was. Presidents hire or appoint people to understand bubbles and issues or they pay people to hire ppl to take the fall for them.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No, but after 9/11 he never really had a chance. He was handed a bag full of **** to start out with. If Clinton would have address Obama when he bombed the trade center or the USS Cole maybe it wouldn't have happened and President Obama is doing the same thing now. Just passing the problem to the next person in office.

And if Reagan wouldn't have sent the CIA and ol congressman Charlie wutshisname and gobs of money to fight the Russians there would have never been a Osama bin Laden for Clinton to worry about.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And if Reagan wouldn't have sent the CIA and ol congressman Charlie wutshisname and gobs of money to fight the Russians there would have never been a Osama bin Laden for Clinton to worry about.

And how does that tie into Obama? I can't wait to hear the crap you try to make up on this one...

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No, but after 9/11 he never really had a chance. He was handed a bag full of **** to start out with. If Clinton would have address Obama when he bombed the trade center or the USS Cole maybe it wouldn't have happened and President Obama is doing the same thing now. Just passing the problem to the next person in office.

It must be nice to live in abject willful ignorance. First, I know you have a pathological hated of Obama, but surely even you know he didn't bomb the WTC. Let's assume you meant Osama bin Laden. Which is just as wrong. And speaking of never having a chance, how about Obama being handed a trillion dollar deficit and an economy is such shambles it's now known as the Great Recession.

...based on the assumption that the current administration should be blamed for the 2009 fiscal year. While this makes sense to a casual observer, it is largely untrue. The 2009 fiscal year began October 1, 2008, nearly four months before Obama took office. The budget for the entire fiscal year was largely set in place while Bush was in the White House.

Clinton and OBL:
"We made the decision that bin Laden should be arrested in 1996. Then, in 1998, President Bill Clinton authorized the CIA to kill him."

Bush and OBL:
Who knows if he's hiding in some cave or not. We haven't heard from him in a long time. The idea of focusing on one person really indicates to me people don't understand the scope of the mission. Terror is bigger than one person. He's just a person who's been marginalized.... I don't know where he is. I really just don't spend that much time on him, to be honest with you.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And how does that tie into Obama? I can't wait to hear the crap you try to make up on this one...

Obama killed him. Well he didn't actually pull the trigger but if your gonna blame Clinton for not taking care of OBL, and it wasn't Bush's fault.....then by default you should give Obama credit for burying him at sea.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Obama killed him. Well he didn't actually pull the trigger but if your gonna blame Clinton for not taking care of OBL, and it wasn't Bush's fault.....then by default you should give Obama credit for burying him at sea.

I mint to type Osama... My mistake.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Clinton also had the opportunity to kill him but decided not to because he could have also killed 8 or 10 civilians. What about the 3000+ that died on the trade centers. They didn't give a **** about civilians in either of the trade center bombings.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a new day. I can't possibly explain the intent of each and every post during a political discussion. I'm obviously and usually in the minority when conveying my opinion. Most of my comments in this thread was with Coded-Dude. You commented on something I said in reference to him.

You see it gets tricky but I'll stand by my comments and defend them until it either becomes boring to me or when the thread unravels and ppl jus pile on comments.

If you would like to discuss what caused the bubble and who was responsible for it, cool. Presidents typically get credit for things that happened on their watch....both good and bad. The bubble grew on Clinton's watch and Burst on lil Georges watch. Are either responsible and deserving of credit or blame?

I seriously doubt either had a clue or understood what a bubble was. Presidents hire or appoint people to understand bubbles and issues or they pay people to hire ppl to take the fall for them.

Doesn't matter as I didn't take it out of context. Is it that difficult for you to be responsible for what you say?

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Clinton also had the opportunity to kill him but decided not to because he could have also killed 8 or 10 civilians. What about the 3000+ that died on the trade centers. They didn't give a **** about civilians in either of the trade center bombings.

Is there no end to your ignorance?

Not 8 or 10.
“I nearly got him. And I could have killed him, but I would have to destroy a little town called Kandahar in Afghanistan and kill 300 innocent women and children, and then I would have been no better than him.”

And Clinton did try and kill him:
The U.S. had tried to wipe out Bin Laden in August 1998 with a missile strike that hit a terror camp in Afghanistan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom