The new Christian Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Given the choice many Americans might prefer we uphold the law and not make exceptions for special groups or allow religion into our Gov., at least that's what we hear from so many in regards to other issues. It's certainly what you were arguing before here's the post..."By allowing the 10 commandments on government property, we are allowing the church in the government, by forcing citizens to visit these institutions, religion is being forced on them. By allowing churches to influence elections, we are allowing the churches in government. There is no place in our government for religion.
Of course there will always be those who say it's o.k. when it's their God, doctrine, or idea as opposed to others.
Again as I said I do see your point and agree to some extent but it starts us on that slippery slope.

I'm not sure that offering someone convicted of a petty crime the opportunity to choose attending church or attending another support group is involving the church in our government or our government in church.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not sure that offering someone convicted of a petty crime the opportunity to choose attending church or attending another support group is involving the church in our government or our government in church.

Again there was no choice between church or another support group, it was church and that's it. And most of the responses I've seen from lawyers it is a clear Constitutional violation. Should someone lose their Constitutional rights now for petty crimes? And I raise the question again(which you've ignored several times now) what if a Muslim judge said mosque or jail?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe that's a Hooked on Phonics interpretation of every cleric that says the same word on TV. That is the way they them selves pronounce it. Its not a slur.
Kinda like "lawd jeezus" which someone was complaining about? I also think the other 2 posts I made about this yesterday illustrate the commom tone of discussions about Islam here pretty well. Don't be coy, Hoddy.

My point was nobody cares if this Abrahamic religion gets bashed - they only care about theirs.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again there was no choice between church or another support group, it was church and that's it. And most of the responses I've seen from lawyers it is a clear Constitutional violation. Should someone lose their Constitutional rights now for petty crimes? And I raise the question again(which you've ignored several times now) what if a Muslim judge said mosque or jail?

nashville.citysaver.com_wp_content_uploads_sites_10_chuchs.jpg

Seriously tho, I know what you are saying.
Nobody sees the implications of this until some judge in MI starts requiring convicts to visit a mosque 3 times a week and THEN it will be an outrage.
Prolly have a thread right here on OSA about it.
Myopic hypocrisy runs wild.

6 Strings

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We can all get along AND still have interesting discussions. Being a bigot does not mean disagreeing and being vocal about it, not does it include partaking in heated discussions.
Most of my family are Christians as are a majority of my friends. We all have to live in this world but this hippie message comes to a head when it comes to social issues, which is why I chose libertarianism. It allows both sides to exist IF they don't want to force their beliefs on others.

You are right.

But it’s not the civil discourse that is in question. It is when people disparage those of faith because they simply disagree. Those are bigots.

And they are not very bright (i.e., “halfwits”) because they have not figured out that if they don’t insult people for their beliefs they would not be called bigots.

6 Strings

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I believe that's a Hooked on Phonics interpretation of every cleric that says the same word on TV. That is the way they them selves pronounce it. Its not a slur.

At best he is trying to deflect and at the worse simply demonstrating that his cognitive skills have not reached a fifth grade reading level.

Comparing how Islamic terrorists are treated on the internet to how the halfwit bigots here treat Christians goes to the latter above.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's totally 100% wrong. The thread he has as his sig line was about was what kind of exotic wild game has anyone had to eat in the Hunting and Fishing forum.
My response which was factual was the extent of the wild game I've actually tasted. How it came out was humorous which is why he used it as a sig line. No different than any sig lines of others that have been taken out of context.
Double Entendre?

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm sorry, I thought that we were talking hypotheticals. Yes, I believe that being sentenced to attend church is a violation of rights.

Mosque or jail is a choice, the convicted is not being forced to attend a mosque.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At best he is trying to deflect and at the worse simply demonstrating that his cognitive skills have not reached a fifth grade reading level.

Comparing how Islamic terrorists are treated on the internet to how the halfwit bigots here treat Christians goes to the latter above.
At best you're being intellectually dishonest and you know damn well that the regular, fervent Islam-bashing here is not limited to terrorists. I provided evidence of this. A run through the search function provides hundreds more. Simply replace the word muslim with christian and you have exactly what people in this thread are whining about. At best you're being intellectually dishonest. At worst, well, you're simply being yourself.

What makes you? You already made fun of one of our moderators for being overweight yesterday, so I'm guessing you're not fat. I've narrowed it down to short, balding, or chronic premature ejaculation. Maybe the Dunning-Kruger Effect gone wild?

Latest posts

Top Bottom