The new Christian Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We can all get along AND still have interesting discussions. Being a bigot does not mean disagreeing and being vocal about it, not does it include partaking in heated discussions.
Most of my family are Christians as are a majority of my friends. We all have to live in this world but this hippie message comes to a head when it comes to social issues, which is why I chose libertarianism. It allows both sides to exist IF they don't want to force their beliefs on others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The original poster of this thread has a sig line that is grade-school innuendo for cunnilingus. I think we can stop with the whining about crassness being brought to this thread.

That's totally 100% wrong. The thread he has as his sig line was about was what kind of exotic wild game has anyone had to eat in the Hunting and Fishing forum.
My response which was factual was the extent of the wild game I've actually tasted. How it came out was humorous which is why he used it as a sig line. No different than any sig lines of others that have been taken out of context.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's something funny. Go to the search bar and type "mooslim" and see how many results you get. What was that word? Crass?

Oh, the poor Christians that make up the majority of this forum, state, and country having to deal with crass behavior. The persecution must be unreal.

I believe that's a Hooked on Phonics interpretation of every cleric that says the same word on TV. That is the way they them selves pronounce it. Its not a slur.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok my children, here is what we will do: have a religious section in which members of a particular faith can gather. We respectfully request that you do not troll these folks. Yes, there will be more than just Christian section. Afford each other some respect, but this being OSA, and us enjoying our squabbles, do not despair. We have a solution... We will have a "Hot Topic" debate area in which you can use your best debate and gladiatorial skills to argue if you wish.

I hope to have this no later than Monday depending on Veggie's schedule.

In the event we turn too cannibalistic, we will shut it down. However, since a lot of you enjoy the fight, all will be well if you simply respect the rules.

How about a history section?

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it's a choice. Life is full of tough choices. Choices like, "should I drive drunk or should I not drive drunk?" can lead to other tough choices like "should I go to prison or should I accept this program at a church that I find objectionable?".

It's not "a program" like having AA held in a church building, it's about attending church for a given time period or as in one case having to write a certain number of Bible verses. In other words court(Gov.) mandated acceptance of proseletyzing. But you've made your point, some deserve it but you don't, flexible First Amendment, like how some here are about the 2nd.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all fairness, did anyone say ALL? Granted there have been significant populations over time but I don't know of anyone that said ALL?

If anyone was truly trolling this thread would've been locked a long time ago, except for K9 of course... he's always fun. I don't understand the victim mentality here as it seems any sort of objectiveness or injection of history and an endless stream of victims come out of the woodwork. Sorry, but this is a general discussion forum with all sorts of people relaying opinions all sorts of subjects. If people can't handle the valid criticisms without deflecting to a wounded duck act then they should in fact go to a stand alone forum.

and here inlies the problem IMO.... you are trying to "share" it with everyone and some or many, may not be asking you to. Again, except for example, a prayer thread, and that's completely respected. Just be prepared that you may try to share it with someone who may know enough about history and their own spirituality to relay a little reality. I wonder how much pushback I'd get if I started quoting scientific facts at a local church? Ever had an Agnostic knock on your door preaching to you about the dangers of religion on Saturday morning? Yeah... um no.

I certainly didn't say anything about all Christians, and I've said nothing negative about God or having beliefs whatever they are. Also what someone here seemed to want to imply and then not answer about me being an atheist which is not so. Your point about history is the real issue, some groups can't have their record examined or it interferes with their "our group never does wrong", or attitude of we should never be questioned type authority if not supremacy. Why does it matter?, because as I've said here many times and firmly believe, those who do not learn from history are likely to repeat it.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not "a program" like having AA held in a church building, it's about attending church for a given time period or as in one case having to write a certain number of Bible verses. In other words court(Gov.) mandated acceptance of proseletyzing. But you've made your point, some deserve it but you don't, flexible First Amendment, like how some here are about the 2nd.

Given a choice, some atheists might prefer getting in touch with a God than going to prison.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Given a choice, some atheists might prefer getting in touch with a God than going to prison.

Given the choice many Americans might prefer we uphold the law and not make exceptions for special groups or allow religion into our Gov., at least that's what we hear from so many in regards to other issues. It's certainly what you were arguing before here's the post..."By allowing the 10 commandments on government property, we are allowing the church in the government, by forcing citizens to visit these institutions, religion is being forced on them. By allowing churches to influence elections, we are allowing the churches in government. There is no place in our government for religion.
Of course there will always be those who say it's o.k. when it's their God, doctrine, or idea as opposed to others.
Again as I said I do see your point and agree to some extent but it starts us on that slippery slope.

Latest posts

Top Bottom