These stoopid kids and their stoopid phones...a rant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We just got our 10 year old a pho e for Christmas. We need him to have it for certain things he does and places he goes. Once we get back home to CA we have a contract for him to sign. One of the 13 or so requirements is that he answers the phone within three rings or the phone is gone and he is home. No friends, no special occasions, etc. This is how it will be until he pays his own way in life of move out n his own. When he's 18, if he doesn't like it he knows where the door is, period!

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I answer the phone for my mom I'm trapped for at least an hour. If I text I get the conversation done plus have proof if she says she didn't say something but she did.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it when my friends call. It's easier to catch up on what's been going on rather than texting. I've adapted to the digital age. When a conversation involves a iterative process it pisses me off when people try to do it via text and I eventually tell them call me or forget it.

This is how I am.^^^^^

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thing I don't like is seeing families out at dinner and everyone is on a gadget. For me road trips, everyone is on a gadget while I drive away. Although I kind of like that, alone with my thoughts, can be kind of nice.

Similar story: I was in at the Social Security office at Shepherd Mall to change accounts for my benefits to deposit to, and while we were there four young men came in together. The oddity of the quartet was that all four had Canadian passports and were all texting on their phones. There was actually very little verbal conversation between the four of them, and I've yet to figure out why 4 young Canadians are in the Social Security office.

Then, a couple of days ago, I was watching two young ladies in our "office" waiting room sitting together and both were texting. I don't think either of them spoke to each other.

Weird....

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok....i'm gunna break the silence and tell the real deal..........

It's 'cause they don't want you to be able to HEAR what all's going on around them or be able to tell where they are and what they are doing by hearing stuff in the background. That and they don't wanna have their friends hear how polite they have to talk to their parents.Oh yeah, and don't forget that talking to your parents just isn't cool.

Ok...there ya go. : )

Latest posts

Top Bottom