Thinking about a tattoo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a tattoo one and never thought I would want one but my wife got one about a year ago and for some strange reason I wouldn't mind getting one myself. I was thinking the Molon Labe in greek on my back shoulder. Just something easily hidden and not tacky. Something like this.
[Broken External Image]

I have also thought about having an AR silhouette underneath it but I'm not sure if it would be too much or even which version to get. Leaning towards the picatinny M4 as opposed to the standard A2 format. Which way would you go if it were you?

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

I just don't want to regret getting something dumb.

MFCEO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I'm not going to comment on the being tacky part, those are both things that if I seen on someone I wouldn't instantly respect them. Its your body, in ten years they may have more advances in removal techniques. I had the bug back when I first got in the military, but I'm very glad I never got any. If you do get some I wouldn't get them in a place where its visible all the time.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You only live once. Find what you want, and then find a good artist to do the work. Just make sure that you do what you want. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

N2Guns

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
At 47 I got my first tattoo. Shortly after, I got another. I don't think I am done yet. I don't regret either of the ones I got. They both carry meaning and are there to remind me of the good things they represent. They make me smile. As for the next one, I don't know what it will be. I really hope it will be ont that either matches or compliments my honey's tattoo.

What if you put the words in a circle round the AR? Just a thought.

Maverick7340

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would NOT do the AR silhouette if I were you. In time it will lose it's crisp edges and it will be hard to tell what it is. It will look like one of those ink spot pictures at the psych office.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You only live once. Find what you want, and then find a good artist to do the work. Just make sure that you do what you want. Don't worry about what anyone else thinks.

This.

I just recently got my first visible tattoo (already have two that are hidden by a normal t-shirt). It's my wedding band.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would NOT do the AR silhouette if I were you. In time it will lose it's crisp edges and it will be hard to tell what it is. It will look like one of those ink spot pictures at the psych office.
This part is excellent advice. I'll try and get a photo taken & uploaded of my 25-year-old tat. A lot of the crispness is gone now.

I'd also make sure you find an artist who will let you see examples of his or her work, and not just the sketches they worked from, or photos from right after the work is done. You want to see how their work looks five years down the road, if not ten.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best advice so far is make sure you really want what you are going to get. In 20 years will it still mean something to you? I love mine and want more, but I want to make sure I get something that will still mean something to me when my grand kids ask me about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom