Thinking about a tattoo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several. Most of my lower left leg is covered. You can't see any of mine with jeans and t shirt. Part of me says think about it and where you see yourself in your future BUT you do only live once!!! Any of the them would be cool!

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best advice so far is make sure you really want what you are going to get. In 20 years will it still mean something to you? I love mine and want more, but I want to make sure I get something that will still mean something to me when my grand kids ask me about it.

^This. I have four and one will be getting covered up as soon as i find what i really want. make sure its what you want and find a good artist.

Lotahp1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im 30. Been around alot of people with them and around alot of old timers who think only white trash, Navy or bikers have them. Im in the middle. I like some. I also know dont get a rebel flag or even a bible scrip on your forearm if you want to get a professional job...I know there are people who have great jobs with them but its still standard that tattoos are still looked down on by the vast majority of jobs. I have always (past 15 years) wanted a TCB lightning bolt. Yeah thats right Elvis's motto...lol. I like the Takin Care of Business idea and its a cool deal. Always thought right shoulder where the tip of the bolt would just be covered by a t shirt. I think it would be cool but I have a 5 year old son and 2 stepsons 10 and 14. I really dont want to give them any ideas. Know what I mean? So just think about it. I still am and in a few years maybe I will get mine...maybe not.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got the letters "USMC" tattooed on my upper arm so I'd have something to read while I'm sittin' on the throne.

langston302

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 30....never gonna stop. I love the good and the bad ink. I have made some bad decisions with my ink and placement. I dont regret them just use them as reminders of planning ahead. I have more planned. Just getting a reputable artist in a reputable shop are always good decisions.

I know a few here in oklahoma

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This part is excellent advice. I'll try and get a photo taken & uploaded of my 25-year-old tat. A lot of the crispness is gone now.

I'd also make sure you find an artist who will let you see examples of his or her work, and not just the sketches they worked from, or photos from right after the work is done. You want to see how their work looks five years down the road, if not ten.

I may ditch the ar idea. It may be better subtle anyways. Although can they be touched up over time as they lose their crispness?

Do you know of anyone in the OKC area you would recommend?

Latest posts

Top Bottom