1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

This Ammo Shortage is Worse Than Last Time!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by druryj, Jul 31, 2020 at 9:09 PM.

1. druryj

druryj Super Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Remember how we all got down on cheaper than dirt when they jacked their prices up before? Well, it seems like everybody’s doing it now. I tried to buy some 380 ammo online 1000 round case of 95 grain full metal jacket $666. That’s $.66 around triple the normal cost. I really have a fear that this is not gonna get any better for quite some time. I refuse to pay that price I’ll just shoot my bulk 22 and be stingy with my centerfire ammo.

It’s just frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. OKCHunter

OKCHunter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    It won’t get better until after the election. If Trump wins, give it a year. If Biden wins, God help us.

3. RickN

RickN Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    And the idiots that buy a bunch of ammo now and try to jack up the price, will hopefully still have it when the bottom drops out.

4. clintbailey

clintbailey Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Not that components are easy to find NOW, but I've practically begged folks to get setup for reloading for this reason...lots of rifle loaders out here, but not many pistol loaders

5. Perplexed

Perplexed Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    It helps if you haven’t been shooting in a lonnnnnng time. The ammo supply tends to remain constant.

Parks 788 likes this.
  6. TwoForFlinching

TwoForFlinching Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Order through Academy.com, free ship to store, limit 3 boxes any ammo per order... no limit as to how many orders you can make.

7. Neckbeard

Neckbeard Ammo For Sale

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I actually think its not as bad yet. WM getting out has helped imo. Before they took half the supply and their workers either hid it and sold it to their neckbeard friends or all the old farts that get up at 4am were at walmart when truck arrived at 5am to buy everything. I was in 3 atwoods this week. 2 of them had a decent supply of ammo and both had multiple k of 22lr.

8. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    For the last three years I've been saying buy it now and stack it deep. These shortages run according to political seasons and will in the future.
    I understand that putting food on the table and paying the rent is a #1 priority, but paying jacked up prices during shortages seems to be counter productive.

9. Buddhaman

Buddhaman Sharpshooter

Bass Pro or Academy still have decent prices when they’re stocked. I grabbed 1000 rounds of 9mm for $220 from Bass Pro the other week. Just gotta be vigilant.

Fade2blue likes this.
  10. Parks 788

Parks 788 Sharpshooter

This convo was just had about two months ago by most of us here. It's incredible that people do either buy in bulk when prices are low or buy a couple hundred round with each paycheck.

I was having the conversation with my wife just 15 minutes ago. I told her I have a complete lower that needs a complete upper (actually have two but she knows about one). I told here i'd like to get a complete upper in the next month or so because things could get dicey at/after election time and want to be in a better position that I am now with my ARs. She said to jsut go get it and if I need ammo then buy that too. She has always been one to never care about buying anything gun related, ever. I got a good one for sure. Going to pose a related question in the rifle subforum.