This forum has seeminly gotten better...coinicidence or no?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now if we had a unmoderated section, many of us could show a sense of humor without it spilling over into the gun sections. Forums should be fun and unbridled then it allows room for growth.

It might not happen anytime soon but it'll happen. Mods come n go. The masses will speak again. Eventually the membership will win.

What are you gonna live forever? You gonna reign over us in moderator heaven? We cuss all the time on OSA. Who gets bant for cussin? You think Books will be the owner forever??

The membership will speak and eventually the owner will listen, then you'll have a choice to make. Throw a schoolboy tantrum and resign or do what your owner tells you to do. The choice will be yours.

I'm a little confused Lurker. Over in the "Racism at OU" thread you seem to be all in favor of the government punishing those kids for exercising offensive speech that offended people. Here in this thread however, you think your speech on a private forum (that runs the risk of offending others) should be free from repercussion so the "forum can grow."

Why doesn't that work for people that are different than you? Is it only your free speech that is important?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm a little confused Lurker. Over in the "Racism at OU" thread you seem to be all in favor of the government punishing those kids for exercising offensive speech that offended people. Just to be clear the government ain't punishing those men. There's a difference, OU/Bored ain't govt. Here in this thread however, you think your speech on a private forum (that runs the risk of offending others) should be free from repercussion so the "forum can grow."Unmoderated means unmoderated, you can still be called out for saying something offensive or stupid. If ppl are easily offended by colorful language it's as simple as not clicking.

Why doesn't that work for people that are different than you? Is it only your free speech that is important?

I see you think them Chanter boys were exercising free speech. They were not. You continue to confuse free speech with the notion that free speech means just regular conversation and we can say anything, anytime we want. We'll that ain't free speech.

Having a unmoderated section has nothing to do with free speech or being a private forum.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see you think them Chanter boys were exercising free speech. They were not. You continue to confuse free speech with the notion that free speech means just regular conversation and we can say anything, anytime we want. We'll that ain't free speech.

Having a unmoderated section has nothing to do with free speech or being a private forum.

Seeing as the Supreme Court has recognized hate speech (that isn't specifically threatening someone and thus bordering on assault) as free speech, I'd have to disagree.

The concept is the same. Why is it that you don't think that society can grow by allowing unfettered discussion on race (to include hate speech) but you think that a forum will grow if you get to speak to (or about) other members any way you want?

Latest posts

Top Bottom