This Glock 9mm doesn't look right to me. One too many cylinders. (S&W Content)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IRRC the ejector mechanism made that gun the most expensive to manufacture revolver S&W ever made, hence the reason they are so rare. And I do believe they were for the Israelis.

If that's the matching box it will just enhance it's value of which it definitely has some. You might want to consider a trip to Vegas? You could get real good money for that over on the blue S&W forum, I've fondled a bunch of S&W revos but I've never even seen one of those.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, it was for the Israelis. I don't think you'll have much need for a speedloader. A loaded moon clip does the same thing and may even be quicker. At least, that's the case in my SP 101. Mine is my carry gun.

Oh, and btw. You are very lucky!

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rare,nice find

Agreed.

Very nice!

I must admit, I'm jealous.

Right place, right time.

A 3" round butt and in 9mm? That's an awesome find.

Yes, they made less of the 4" square butt versions but this is the more desirable version.

I dunno, I keep commin back to this thread. Im thinking the search is on to find me one.

Mr. Glock will not be pleased that there is competition.

IRRC the ejector mechanism made that gun the most expensive to manufacture revolver S&W ever made, hence the reason they are so rare. And I do believe they were for the Israelis.

If that's the matching box it will just enhance it's value of which it definitely has some. You might want to consider a trip to Vegas? You could get real good money for that over on the blue S&W forum, I've fondled a bunch of S&W revos but I've never even seen one of those.

The beryllium-copper spring extractor design and manufacture was what drove the cost up. I have read on some sites that they were made for the French and on others for the Israelis. Seems that less contention is given to the French angle.

The box it is on is for a G19 Gen 4. The gentleman I got it from did not have the box or paperwork and since have zero plans to part with this gun that won't be a deal breaker for anyone.

Yes, it was for the Israelis. I don't think you'll have much need for a speedloader. A loaded moon clip does the same thing and may even be quicker. At least, that's the case in my SP 101. Mine is my carry gun.

Oh, and btw. You are very lucky!

I actually have been given a line on a local source for the speedloaders. Short of that a speed strip will do me just fine. I will probably not carry this gun but then again I might.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! Didn't even know they existed! LOL

Congrats!

I have read about them and, of course, seen pictures on-line but never expected someone to put one into my hand and then let it go for cheap. I was planning on taking it to the range before work tomorrow but going to run down the lead on the speed loaders in the morning and may go tomorrow evening or Thursday.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you determined how well it functions without the moon clip. I'm speaking of ejection. Some 9mm revolvers don't do well without moon clips. Mine will function perfectly well without, but with the moon clip, it's a much smoother operation.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you determined how well it functions without the moon clip. I'm speaking of ejection. Some 9mm revolvers don't do well without moon clips. Mine will function perfectly well without, but with the moon clip, it's a much smoother operation.

Only had one cylinder through it at the store and the spent casings ejected perfectly. Ejecting live ammo is like butter as well.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should be in good shape. Enjoy.

I will try. Should have a range report by Thursday afternoon. I am excited. The single action trigger is really nice and the double action is smooth but kinda heavy. This is the first wheel gun I have owned so no real experience with them. Hope I like it after the powder settles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom