This Glock 9mm doesn't look right to me. One too many cylinders. (S&W Content)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a really nice piece you got. I figured if I was ever going to get a revolver, I'd like to get something different like one in. 9 mm. Real cool find. I'm surprised that items like that ever show up in the display case.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering if they would work. Don't think I'd have anyone milling on that cylinder for them anyway, I doubt that S&W has any replacements. The ejector rod looks a lot different and I suspect that's where a lot of the cost was with milling those spring slots in it.

Yeah, very intricate work on the ejector. Hopefully the great customer service that I have heard about and experienced in the past is continued to be given even though I am not the first owner or I am sure the first part that breaks on this will put the gun out of commission for a long while while I look for or save money for a part.

If S&W tried to manufacture the 547 today I can only imagine what the price would be (2000.00+).

Sure wouldn't be cheap. Still surprised I got it for what I did.

I'll take it!

Umm... no. :wink2:

I'm so jealous right now!
That is one amazing revolver you have there, nice job for finding such a beautiful revolver.

Thanks. Hopefully I like the way it shoots so it doesn't just spend it's life in a safe.

That's a really nice piece you got. I figured if I was ever going to get a revolver, I'd like to get something different like one in. 9 mm. Real cool find. I'm surprised that items like that ever show up in the display case.

I love it's uniqueness. This one didn't make it to the display case. I had to tell our gunsmith to not haggle with the guy over $10 and pay the guy so I could buy it. LOL.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did not know it was designed to not need moon clips. That's pretty cool.

This got me curious. Googled and found that they were supposedly contracted for by the Israeli to arm Palestinian police.

For those with an interest, Charter Arms has one out now. It's a Pitbull and also doesn't require moon clips. Have no idea how reliable it is.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Darkened Gunworld's door for the first time today on a tip from a member here and found 3 HKS Speedloaders for the 547. Their prices were batsh*t crazy on guns and ammo but these gems were 1/2 as much as a pair of used ones were going for on eBay.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404310158.057006.jpg

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Darkened Gunworld's door for the first time today on a tip from a member here and found 3 HKS Speedloaders for the 547. Their prices were batsh*t crazy on guns and ammo but these gems were 1/2 as much as a pair of used ones were going for on eBay.

View attachment 40290

Brother your set to rock & roll with that sweetheart!!! Now we need a range report pronto!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only had one cylinder through it at the store and the spent casings ejected perfectly. Ejecting live ammo is like butter as well.
Well, that would lend credence to the "made for the Israelis" theory--they expect their equipment to work. The French only expect it to bounce. ;)

Nice wheelgun!

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked one up a couple of months ago - was looking for literally a year with no viable (i.e. reasonably priced) options and then Bingo saw it and bought it.
Mine is the 4" barrel square butt, bluing is good with just a little wear at the end of the barrel and on the leading edge of the cylinder.

I have found that loading must be done very precisely - it appears the chamber tolerance is very tight. Extraction has been just about the same as with K-Frame .38 spl models. A nice shooter like all 4" K-Frame S&Ws.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brother your set to rock & roll with that sweetheart!!! Now we need a range report pronto!

Probably make it to the range this afternoon. Report to follow.

Well, that would lend credence to the "made for the Israelis" theory--they expect their equipment to work. The French only expect it to bounce. ;)

Nice wheelgun!

That made me chuckle. Still finding the French connection is the most likely truth. The S&W forum is down at the moment but google has a link to that forum that looks promising. Will update as I find it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom