This is how you do it the right way.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In Edmond Ok the Cafeteria worker in a grade school did the right thing by applying for citizenship, passed the test after applying and getting the test right, finally gaining her citizenship to the US.

Congrats to her and for the school applauding her success to become another one of our productive citizens.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
To my understanding, you cannot be granted legal status from within the US if you are out of status. You literally have to leave the country and apply for re-entry status.

At least that is how it was when we went through the system - the right way, the legal way, the long way, the frustrating way. But we did it.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nah, that is to hard and it takes long time..... I take the short cut that Uncle Joe is offering.

To my understanding, you cannot be granted legal status from within the US if you are out of status. You literally have to leave the country and apply for re-entry status.

At least that is how it was when we went through the system - the right way, the legal way, the long way, the frustrating way. But we did it.

No if you got somebody applying for you. Brother, sister ect….

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Great story! I good friend of mine passed his test a couple months ago. He has retention problems so I worked with him for years. We would ride around at work and I would quiz him using the sample tests on the net. He finally felt confident enough to take the test and he passed.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If you promise to vote democrat you get a pass.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was going through the process one of the INS guys noticed I was from Nova Scotia and he was a big Ann Murray fan so it helped grease the wheels I think I didn’t have to wait forever to take the test and we learned most of in in high school history anyway. Mind you that was 30 years ago when I got my citizenship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it would be interesting to know what % of citizens ancestors entered legally vs illegally. I was born in Texas so I’m barely legal (according to my parents, both born in Oklahoma)

All I do know is the current system is a cluster and more than enough blame to go around to both parties.

Latest posts

Top Bottom