This is ********!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best thing for them.

Chances are they have already spent thousands on attorney fee's and who knows how many sleepless nights. Watching Andrew Branca's "Law of Self Defense" podcast today, he said if they hadn't taken the plea deal they were both looking at a possible 4 years of prison time if they lost at trial and would be convicted felons. This way they get a fine and no jail time on a misdemeanor.

Pretty easy decison I think

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best thing for them.

Chances are they have already spent thousands on attorney fee's and who knows how many sleepless nights. Watching Andrew Branca's "Law of Self Defense" podcast today, he said if they hadn't taken the plea deal they were both looking at a possible 4 years of prison time if they lost at trial and would be convicted felons. This way they get a fine and no jail time on a misdemeanor.

Pretty easy decison I think

Kind of my train of thought although they shouldn’t have been charged in the first place. A liberal prosecutor sympathetic to the protesters filed those charges to punish them.
They definitely took the easy way out.
I have to correct my earlier post when I said he was running for Governor.
He is in fact running for the US Senate. I’m thinking a felony of any kind would disqualify him for that office? Don’t know for sure but that is another reason he may have accepted the misdemeanor.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A felony conviction does not disqualify you from holding a US congressional office
It wouldn't DQ him, but it would probably hurt his candidacy. I'd guess that it would also affect his ability to get security clearances, which would limit his opportunities to serve on some committees.

I'd think the plea was more about limiting the expenses and getting it in the rear view mirror. Even if the governor was going to pardon them, fighting the charges in court and cleaning up the mess wouldn't be cheap. An attorney once told me that one of his partners had helped clients with cleaning up their records following a pardon. He said it usually ran about $60K; that was back in the '90s, and I somehow doubt that it's gotten any cheaper.

Viva Frei covered this yesterday:

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
He posted this on FB about an hour ago. The misdemeanor didn't stop him from picking up another AR today.

McCloskey.JPG

cdschoonie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought when this happened, it was a very stupid thing to do. This the very reaction the Libtards are looking for. Although taking and destroying their guns might have been excessive, not sure either way since I wasn’t there to see the scene play out. Could have been provocation completely by the couple. By the same token, since those rioters were known at the time, to cause damage, as well as violence, there could easily have been taunting, or even threats made by the rioters, oh sorry they call it peaceful protests don’t they…

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And that is the problem with too many DAs. They're going after Ws instead of justice.

Those charges should never have seen the light of day. Hopefully the governor will be true to his word and pardon them.

That's because we don't have a "justice" system. We have a legal system. Big difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom