Thought my M&P broke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was shooting some rainier bullest today out of my M&P40c and it stopped going into battery, racked three more and they would'nt either. Getting a little upset i forgot to pull the trigger to get the slide off. I started thinking THE BARREL IS CRACKED or something bad is going on. Then i rembered all i had to do is just pull the trigger.

After i got the barrel out there was some lead stuck going into the throat. Had to scrape it out with my pocket knife.

Can't belive i forgot but i've been working on and packing a 1911 here lately. The old boy at the other table came over and messed with it for a little bit and handed it back. I really would have felt stupid if he would had slipped the slide off.

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually Toney, S&W designed the M&P series of pistol specifically so you don't have to pull the trigger. With the slide locked rearward, use the frame tool to push the sear deactivation lever down into the magwell. Then turn the takedown lever clockwise, and the slide will come off the front of the frame.

Latest posts

Top Bottom