Thoughts on Jack Reacher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never read the books, so I watched it with no preconceived notions and thought it was great. Definitely a good one for gun guys. My GF read some of the books. She said the same thing as you guys about Tom Cruise not having much resemblance to the book character, whose most distinctive characteristics, the author apparently makes very clear, are his height and size. Surprise surprise... guess who directed it? Tom "Napoleon" Cruise. :D

Great supporting acting by Robert Duvall... and the black guy with the baseball hat who doesn't say a word!

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I never read the books, so I watched it with no preconceived notions and thought it was great. Definitely a good one for gun guys. My GF read some of the books. She said the same thing as you guys about Tom Cruise not having much resemblance to the book character, whose most distinctive characteristics, the author apparently makes very clear, are his height and size. Surprise surprise... guess who directed it? Tom "Napoleon" Cruise. :D

Great supporting acting by Robert Duvall... and the black guy with the baseball hat who doesn't say a word!

It was directed by Christopher McQuarrie. Tom's never directed a movie.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also like Tom Cruise. Sure, he may be a little weird in real life, but who cares? He is an actor, they are all weirdos. And he is a good actor.

Yep, Anyone who flys WWII fighter planes, is a motorcycle enthusiast, drives fast cars etc. is ok in my book. A man after my own heart and if I had half his money I'd be doing the same!! Minus the Scientology.... Lol

At least he's not out there "demanding a plan".....

Sure he's been roped into saying a few "strange" things but for a guy who's been one of the worlds biggest celebs for such a long time, he's done pretty good about keeping his thoughts and opinions to himself and just doing what he does best....entertaining people.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom