Throw Away Puppy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, my wife asked around today, including the neighbors who used to have the pitbulls. They had seen the puppy at their house but did not know who he belonged to. I'll fix the fence better tomorrow so that I can be certain he won't get loose. Right now he is in the bathtub crying. Acts like he has never been from his mother. I don't know what I am going to do about that howling.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty little fellar. Catahoula make great farm dogs. Some use em for hog hunting as well.

A strange dog. Hyena like markings, there were cuckleburrs in the fur, but not one tick, no fleas. Thickest coat I have come across. I have neighbors who raise cattle. I'll touch base with them, they may can use the little guy.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not going to be any help. I'm sitting here with a 35-pound dog in my lap, sound asleep, because he "snuck" into my lap, one foot at a time, making eyes at me the whole time ... because he knows he's not supposed to be on the sofa ... lol

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Wish I had room for the little fella. It shouldn't be too difficult to find a local that would take him for a farm dog.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cute puppy. We just ended up with a new Chihuahua mix that a neighbor gave us...

I don't understand POS people that throw away puppies either!!

Last edited:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I find it insane that someone could throw away a pup like that.

It has always baffled me how people can just throw away dogs. Especially in the south.

I cannot count the number that our cycling group has rescued over the years. Has to be upwards of 40 at least.

People here refuse to 'fix' their pets and then dump the puppies out on the county roads.

Truly sickening.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course if no one wants him, I will do the right thing and keep him. But I have 3 already.

i.imgur.com_IlfxIJk.jpg

God bless you Junior Bonner!

We get dumpers out here in the country all the time...you can only keep so many. Fortunately, the local no kill shelter lady always takes them and finds good homes for them.

Again...God bless you!

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I am stuck with him. Usually the throwaways I get are adult, and far easier to care for. For example, an adult dog usually knows the meaning of the word "No!"
This is a puppy, though. And he likes to play, grab boot laces and howl if left unattended. We let him out to do his business about every three or four hours and he comes right back in. We have a wood floor without carpet and strangely, no accidents yet.
Truly, I will be glad when he outgrows this stage, the teeth are like pin prick needles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom