Thunderbird Run 'n Gun, July 13, 2013 -- do you have what it takes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any other way to pay besides gaypal?
Just tried signing up and got this message:
We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

For some browsers, this problem can be resolved by clearing or deleting cookies.

Message 3005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Des difficultés temporaires nous empêchent d'effectuer cette opération. Nous vous prions de nous excuser pour la gêne occasionnée. Veuillez réessayer ultérieurement. Si cette erreur est survenue lors d'un paiement, évitez tout paiement en double en vérifiant l'Aperçu du compte avant de renouveler l'opération.

Dans certains navigateurs, ce problème peut être résolu en vidant ses cookies.

Message 3005

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AK moose, PM answered. For everyone else's information, yes, we can accept registration by mail with a check or certified funds. PM or e-mail me if you would like to do this.

Unsafe, you can run it without water if you want, but I wouldn't reccomend it. It will take however long it takes you to clear 2 miles all kitted out, plus some extra because you won't be able to go flat out the whole time due to terrain. Add to that however long it will take you to clear each stage (the COF and time limits are on our website), plus some extra because you may have some wait time at the stations, especially if you are a speed demon and catch up to/pass other folks. And there is the distinct possibility of "technical difficulties" that might require us to shut down a stage for a bit to fix targets or whatnot. Even if you're fast and run wherever you can, there is no guarantee of being done under 45 minutes because of all that stuff.

rebelracer, I'm glad we could serve as motivation! Yeah, run n gun is about the only thing keeping me running too.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If any body is planning on running the course with a 7.62x39 gun, and you are around the okc area please contact me via pm. I have something for you.

offer accepted. no longer available

Last edited:

younggundavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man and his wife running together. Man I hope that turns out good. I'm glad my Ex wouldn't have done anything like that with me... I might actually miss her. :) I wouldn't sign up and do the event. But it sounds like fun to come and watch. Will there be an area where spectators can watch the event and see most of it. Or is the course too long to be able to watch!?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see a problem with you coming out to watch. I'm sure there will be other folks hanging around who aren't competing. Most of the shooting stations are pretty close together... the competitors have to run a different loop of the property between each. So if you wanted to watch (or film) some of the action, you won't have to walk too far.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy and I just signed up. Hopefully I'll be able to run it!

I'll use my 18" AR with ACOG, .40 XDM and I guess I'll need to get me some sort of vest to carry my mags.

Will athletic shoes and shorts be okay for the terrain or will we need boots and pants?

Last edited:

kevin40_2001

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just signed up today!

I'll be running the following:

Custom AR w/ ACOG TA31, MS3 Sling
XD-9 or XD-40 with my Viridian X5L possibly
Carrier Vest for 3 AR mags, 3 XD mags, Pistol, and Hydration Pack
Dry Fit clothing

Looking forward to putting some faces with names!

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man and his wife running together. Man I hope that turns out good. I'm glad my Ex wouldn't have done anything like that with me... I might actually miss her. :) I wouldn't sign up and do the event. But it sounds like fun to come and watch. Will there be an area where spectators can watch the event and see most of it. Or is the course too long to be able to watch!?

We've been together 10 years now (since I was 17) and I can honestly say she is my best friend. She's a little nervous about this event (mainly the 400 yarder), but she will do fine. Hell, she is in better shape then most of us I'm sure (myself included), and can shoot pretty damn well too. If she beats me, I'll never hear the end of it... but it will still be a good time and it will get her trained up for the zombie apocalypse. :naughty: lol

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy and I just signed up. Hopefully I'll be able to run it!

I'll use my 18" AR with ACOG, .40 XDM and I guess I'll need to get me some sort of vest to carry my mags.

Will athletic shoes and shorts be okay for the terrain or will we need boots and pants?

Are you allergic to poison ivy?

Latest posts

Top Bottom