Ting Sensor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My skeptical self says same. I see something like it notifying you of some generic something and recommending a professional inspection. You don't do it and your house burns down. They deny claim because you could have prevented it.
I am not too worried about our electrical system in our house or from our electric provider. I have checked the voltage at outlets many times when changing out all switches and outlets to more modern and higher quality switches and outlets. The voltage is always in a tight range averaging 123 volts at outlets. CREC provides very stable electricity and our wiring is good. The house is 40 years old and total electric and we have never had an electrical issue. I did have to replace a weak breaker once in the electrical panel.

The Ting sensor is registering the average voltage at the outlet as 123 volts with very little fluctuation.

So, in our case I am not too concerned. Now, if I had house with crappy wiring or such, I might worry. That is not to say an appliance could not malfunction, but a breaker that is working properly "should" trip in that case.

Again, reading between the lines, I can see State Farm keeping our rates lower for having the Ting Sensor. A couple years ago we had a new roof installed with Class 4 impact shingles and received a 20 percent reduction in our premium. I am trying to keep our premium for home owner's insurance as low as possible.

But, with that all said, I am sure insurance companies will do everything they can to not pay a claim and I have no love for insurance companies................. and see them as a necessary evil!

Last edited:

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of cell phones.

I sat on a Murder One jury.
I still think about the accuracy they were able to track that murderer by his cell.
that is one of the false claims against the 2000mulles documentary - they say cell phone tracking wouldn't be accurate enough to ID people driving to several drop boxes through the night - pretty sure they are wrong on that - as cell phone data is used in many serious cases and put many people in prison

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never, EVER, trust any device that your insurance company says is for your own good. They use these devices to track you, and your data, in some form or manner.

I suspect this device is tracking your power usage and the insurance company is then selling that data.

As a retired electrician, I will tell you that device is doing nothing that your electrical panel isn't already doing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom