Tips for smoking ribs on a gas grill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Despite what others have experienced that I read about on the internet, I had great luck getting plenty of smoke. The ribs smoked for 4 hours and I had to rearrange the smoke bombs once and replace them in tiers once.

I've just pulled them off the grill and they're wrapped in foil at the moment. I'll slice them up after they've been in there for 10-15 minutes.

Here's a video I shot a little bit ago when I had to check them at the 3 hour mark:

I had 0 flare ups and had tons of smoke throughout the entire session. My backyard was hazy for the last few hours and I'm pretty sure the entire city of Edmond can smell these right now. I know my neighbors are jealous.

It was more prep work than using a traditional smoker, but it was definitely worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Maine Ribs

1. Boil the racks of ribs with the lobsters. For Maine Lobsters always put onions, potatoes, corn cob, green onions, little olive oil, and spices

2. Pull the Ribs out and baste them lightly with honey and then bbq sauce on top

3. Throw them on the grill in high heat so that it will crip fast

4. enjoy

Yes this was made when there was nothing else to do and bear was involved. But it is not a on going recipe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom