To permit, or not to permit? That is the question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Constitutional issues aside, if I was ever involved in a self defense shooting I would want the ensuing investigation to start from the premise of a law abiding citizen using a lawfully carried firearm in self defense...not from the premise of one potential criminal shooting another criminal.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Constitutional issues aside, if I was ever involved in a self defense shooting I would want the ensuing investigation to start from the premise of a law abiding citizen using a lawfully carried firearm in self defense...not from the premise of one potential criminal shooting another criminal.

Great post. Better to start with things on your side...

If it prevents even a Misdemeanor charge in the future, it's money we'll spent.

Exactly. And given time, your sister WILL have to deal with it someday if she continues to carry.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may be way out in left field, but I have to think that if she ever gets into a shoot, she'll get eaten alive in a civil trial, even if everything else about the shoot is legit.

In Oklahoma, you are immune from civil prosecution if it is ruled a good shoot. The permit doesn't give you any special rights in a shooting. . .and once the shooting starts (if it is a good shoot), I don't think (and I am not a very good thinker, so I may be wrong) that it matters HOW you got the gun into play.

WillR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't agree with having to ask permission from our government. But the way OK law is now it is a felony to have a loaded concealed gun on you without a permit.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Permits are a violation of our rights, as simple as that.

IMHO all gun laws are a violation of our rights, and anyone that helps create or enforce them are some of the biggest traitors our there.

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When the SDA came around I wasn't all that excited about having to "ask permission" to exercise a natural right that the Constitution guarantees. But then again, the Constitution was originally written as a limit on the federal government and not the states, which could impose restrictions until the 14th Amendment came along. I reluctantly went through the SDA class and paid the fee, which the state of OK likely isn't making much money from, and put myself in the good graces of the state. Yeah, it bites. But for me it was a matter of being practical. Today marks another baby step with OC. It's not a perfect world we live in. And government tends to be far from perfect. Sometimes it's wiser to compromise if it means we can move the ball down the field towards the final goal of constitutional carry.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A guy from a rural area around here was sentenced to 10 years.
The other person ran a stop sign and he t-boned her.
They said it was his fault , that he didnt have a license.....he shouldnt have been driving.
No alcohol involved on his part
Get the license!

Latest posts

Top Bottom