To permit, or not to permit? That is the question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Permits are a violation of our rights, as simple as that.

IMHO all gun laws are a violation of our rights, and anyone that helps create or enforce them are some of the biggest traitors our there.

Really? So I enforce the laws of the land and that makes me a traitor? What do you do for a living sir that you know so much about law enforcement?

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And to answer the Op's question I would strongly suggest that she get the permit if she wants to continue to carry. If she gets caught she could go to jail or worse...and I would be more worried about civil suits against your sister if she were in a shooting without a permit more than criminal.

richard597

Marksman
Reaction score
I live (exist) on Social Security. I have a license because I cannot afford an attorney to get me off if I get caught. Also, I don't have a problem with the law. I don't have to like it though.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? So I enforce the laws of the land and that makes me a traitor? What do you do for a living sir that you know so much about law enforcement?

Hang on. . .his comment may be extreme, but you're taking the "I was just doing my job" position.

And to answer the Op's question I would strongly suggest that she get the permit if she wants to continue to carry. If she gets caught she could go to jail or worse...and I would be more worried about civil suits against your sister if she were in a shooting without a permit more than criminal.

TITLE 21 § 1289.25 (D)
D. A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has
a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force,
including deadly force, if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily
harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

F. A person who uses force, as permitted pursuant to the provisions of subsections B and D of this section, is
justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force.
As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes charging or prosecuting the defendant.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hang on. . .his comment may be extreme, but you're taking the "I was just doing my job" position.

TITLE 21 § 1289.25 (D)
D. A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has
a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force,
including deadly force, if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily
harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

F. A person who uses force, as permitted pursuant to the provisions of subsections B and D of this section, is
justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force.
As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes charging or prosecuting the defendant.

My position was not just one of I'm doing my job...your making an assumption.

Second, yes I am well aware of what statute says, but what you forget is that even if you shoot someone and in your mind it was perfectly justifiable, that a DA's office is going to be the ones to decide if it was or wasn't. And because of that fact if I had to shoot someone I would want everything in order...even my paper work for a permit.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My position was not just one of I'm doing my job...your making an assumption.

Second, yes I am well aware of what statute says, but what you forget is that even if you shoot someone and in your mind it was perfectly justifiable, that a DA's office is going to be the ones to decide if it was or wasn't. And because of that fact if I had to shoot someone I would want everything in order...even my paper work for a permit.

I didn't forget anything at all. I'm perfectly aware of how the justice system works. My point was that having a permit is irrelevant once bullets start flying (unless the bullets were flying in an explicitly protected place, like the IRS building).

As should be mentioned in every CCW class, the permit does not give you any extra rights in a shooting.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't forget anything at all. I'm perfectly aware of how the justice system works. My point was that having a permit is irrelevant once bullets start flying (unless the bullets were flying in an explicitly protected place, like the IRS building).

As should be mentioned in every CCW class, the permit does not give you any extra rights in a shooting.

And if you think that the fact that a participant in a shooting was unlawfully carrying a gun a would not get out be played up by the media and the anti 2nd amendment people and that the DA would not look at that as a factor in their decision then you are deluding yourself. No the permit does not give you any extra rights exept....perhaps the right to carry the gun that you just shot someone with...

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And if you think that the fact that a participant in a shooting was unlawfully carrying a gun a would not get out be played up by the media and the anti 2nd amendment people and that the DA would not look at that as a factor in their decision then you are deluding yourself. No the permit does not give you any extra rights exept....perhaps the right to carry the gun that you just shot someone with...

I'm done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom