To permit, or not to permit? That is the question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
why should we have to ask permission?

if it is a right, and not a privilege, then what is the point of licensing, other than the state increasing its revenue, while keeping the poor disarmed?

If nothing else you become a number. The more permit holders there are the more folks pay attention to your wants, needs, desires...and rights!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, it is always best to submit and obey. Questioning government and civil disobedience is unpatriotic and something our Founding Fathers would have never done.

No, but sometimes it's cutting of your nose to spite your face.

Going to plant your Constitutional flag on this issue? Like Henschman said, the probability of getting caught is low, so how much skin would one really have in the game by carrying without a permit...and is it really a bold move in terms of "questioning government" and exercising some civil disobedience? Hardly the stuff of a die hard Constitutional warrior.

Man up. Shred that driver's license and social security card, stop paying your unconstitutional income taxes and get serious...or continue to pretend you're "all about the Constitution". Either way.

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As an attorney, are you really encouraging people to not only break the law, but lie to a police officer?? I don't agree with having to get a handgun license either, but I won't break the law just because I disagree with it.

"One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that 'an unjust law is no law at all' ". - Martin Luther King, Jr.

IronMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
spd since you are a LEO this question is for you but it does pertain to the subject. Should a person be arrested for carrying without a permit is the gun not confiscated? This might not be a big deal to some folks but I am on a fixed income and although my guns are not the most expensive they make up a major investment for me.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
spd since you are a LEO this question is for you but it does pertain to the subject. Should a person be arrested for carrying without a permit is the gun not confiscated? This might not be a big deal to some folks but I am on a fixed income and although my guns are not the most expensive they make up a major investment for me.

Yes the firearm is confiscated.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whether we agree or not, Article 2 Section 26 of the Oklahoma Constitution says the legislature may control the carrying of weapons. They have done so and the SDA is the means they have devised to exercise that control. Illegally carrying a firearm is not a good way to start your explanation of how and why you had to defend yourself.

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your sister drives the speed limit doesn't she????
Jeez get ther permit and move on, with laws there would be anarchy and everyone is for the law when it benifit a them! If your guns got stolen you sure are wanting the law on your side then!

Latest posts

Top Bottom