Top best & worst rifle scopes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilboots

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Simmons .44 mag scope mounted on a 300 Winchester Mag that I bought about 20 years ago, and is still dead on. So never really know. I tend to like the Nikon Prostaff scopes, my eyes arent good enough to tell the difference in the glass between those and a Leupold, and have had no issues with holding zero on my .308 or .223. Granted, not a ton of recoil with those.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a 4x Bushnell dusk to dark on my muzzleloader. It is not the best but it gets the job done. I have killed more deer with that than anything else. I had nikon prostaffs but switched over to the new redfields. I like the redfields except for in low light it seems the nikons were a little better.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
what are folks opinions on the Swift scopes. i believe the premier line has a lifetime guaranty and is made in the u.s.a.. i bought a gun that had one on it. its not on the same gun but have never had a issue with it. i have leupold,nikon and redfield on everything else

batchman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nikon is my ATF(ALL TIME FAVORITE) Have Monarch, buckmaster, pro series, and rimfire scopes. They all have great eye relief and hold zero great! I also have a redfield and leupold, but nikon is my favorite. They claim 95% light transmission, I know scopes are not light gathering devices but Nikon's are the bomb!

Latest posts

Top Bottom