Trail Cam Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This weird looking guy showed up again after not seeing him since last year. I have him in three pictures and have not seen him since antlers fell off this spring. I think he is a fork on one side and a spike on the other, but they are long antlers.

I am wondering if I should waste a tag on him to get his genes out of the pool.

View attachment 519913
In my opinion that deer doesn’t look old or it may just be that picture, and I’ve seen bucks with screwed up racks one year show back up with decent racks the next year. That being said, I’d say no to shooting him for the supposed sake of the gene pool, but like Hunter966 said, if you know a kid looking to take a first buck then heck yeah.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have kind of the same kind of thing with this guy.
IMG_0833.jpeg
IMG_0834.jpeg

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my opinion that deer doesn’t look old or it may just be that picture, and I’ve seen bucks with screwed up racks one year show back up with decent racks the next year. That being said, I’d say no to shooting him for the supposed sake of the gene pool, but like Hunter966 said, if you know a kid looking to take a first buck then heck yeah.
I think this is him from last February. The funny thing is I saw him every camera pull last year but (if the same guy) but have not this summer/fall until I pulled cards this week.

Feb Picture.jpeg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this is him from last February. The funny thing is I saw him every camera pull last year but (if the same guy) but have not this summer/fall until I pulled cards this week.

View attachment 519927
This same thing happens at my place. The buck I killed didn’t show up on any of my cameras until September 25th. Where the heck did he spend the summer?!?
The other thing I’ve seen multiple times is I’ll watch a buck through May and June, and then he disappears until late September or early October. I’d love to know where they go for a couple months.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

View attachment 519927
I got to wondering about this deer, if you have seen him in person and if you have does he have an injury to any part of his body?

A lot of times if they have some injury it will make their rack pretty funky.

And what Retrieverman said about him being a younger deer is right on, I forget to look at their body sometimes when I see a funky rack.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got to wondering about this deer, if you have seen him in person and if you have does he have an injury to any part of his body?

A lot of times if they have some injury it will make their rack pretty funky.

And what Retrieverman said about him being a younger deer is right on, I forget to look at their body sometimes when I see a funky rack.
I only saw him once last year while rifle hunting. He was 200+ yards away and I didn't notice anything but he was walking away from me when I noticed him. Good point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom