Tree 1, Me 0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am on the down side of home health through global health insurance. Had an lV they called a PIC and a wound vac on my butt. Wife was able to give me the antibiotic injection once a day and the HH nurse came 3 times a week to change the dressing on my butt. Really wasn't too bad. HH nurse removed the PIC when they stopped the antibiotics and I felt pretty comfortable with the nurse. Much better than being in the hospital.

Really feel for you BB at least from you other posts sounds like you are at least able to get some pain meds that might help. Wish you the best.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Home Health for the win. Mine were great. Nurses came several times a week then tapered of to once a week as I got stronger. Sent out psychical therapist to help get me mobile. Supplied wound dressing, etc. In fact I still have a big sealed tote full of left over dressings, gloves, bed bath wipes, etc. Helps with prepping like when Lavonne had the cancer removed from her arm and we could not find 4x4 gauze pads anywhere because of Covid. Had them in the tote and replaced them as soon as they were available.

Encompass Health 722-0047.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Home Health for the win.

Encompass Health 722-0047.

This was the firm used for my mother-in-law. Most of the nurses were really good. The management also made sure that a 'bad apple' wasn't scheduled for a repeat performance.

Best of luck in whatever you decide!

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should really start being nicer to trees or take up karate to learn to break boards. Very important skill set when you are attacked by trees.

seriously ouch, hope you start feeling better. Back and rib pain is no fun. I had to keep getting onto my dad for walking under his trees during an ice storm, one branch broke off and went through their roof.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pulled some trail cam pics, the poor deer were worried too, so skittish with all the breakages going on in the woods.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
No worries. This is not gonna pass easily or quickly. I do need some suggestions/help guys.

Any of you guys done a short-term care stint?? I need the good bad and ugly. Tips and tricks. Who would a satisfactory and who to avoid at all costs.

Thanks fellas. I miss me. ;)

I wish I knew any good answers for ya - honestly, if it were me, I would do about anything possible these days to recover at home rather than in a facility. COVID has made its way though almost all of the facilities around here - my NH is the ONLY one that hasn't been hard hit by it YET - we had 2 people test positive a couple of months ago, did a great job preventing any further infections. Have a number of employees out right now, NO patients ill. All the other facilities in our area have been hit with a fair number of infections at one time or another.

If there is a Home Health option, I would definitely rather go that route.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I knew any good answers for ya - honestly, if it were me, I would do about anything possible these days to recover at home rather than in a facility. COVID has made its way though almost all of the facilities around here - my NH is the ONLY one that hasn't been hard hit by it YET - we had 2 people test positive a couple of months ago, did a great job preventing any further infections. Have a number of employees out right now, NO patients ill. All the other facilities in our area have been hit with a fair number of infections at one time or another.

If there is a Home Health option, I would definitely rather go that route.

Exactly. Plus when they had me in a skilled nursing facility it sucked. I was there less than a week before I checked myself out and went home. The food sucked, the screaming guy down the hall kept me awake, people kept wondering into the room, my room mate wished himself dead (I had nothing to do with it)

The only good part was they helped me get a shower. Trust me, after a month and a half of bed baths a shower is glorious!

When I got home I healed and got stronger faster.

Latest posts

Top Bottom