Tree 1, Me 0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha! I knew you guys would make me chuckle. I was feeding the ducks and chickens. You know usually you hear the leaves rustle a bit or the limb crackles or something. Not this time. It was SNAP, take one step towards the shed to get some shelter, OOF ... Maybe I'll take a bigger step next time.

Believe it or not, my ribs don't hurt that bad but when I'm asleep my O2 levels really plummet so they are making wear oxygen. My lower back is KILLING me. That's the only place that really hurts. Oh and the divet the patio dug outta my nose. But that's because I forget it's there and rub my face. Bleh.

I'm 62 and this is my first "traumatic" injury. I'm surprised how much damage a body can sustain and still keep on ticking. Because I REALLY thought for a minute or 2 I was hurt a lot worse than I am. Talk about lucky. And I'm very aware of just how lucky I was.

Eta; Now that I've gotten all the info from the docs and don't have access to same meds that I had in the hospital I'm gonna have to amend above statement. Ugh.

Last edited:

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy Crap!!

Hope you heal quickly.

Last night I was starting up the Genny and kept hearing limbs pop, crackle and thump around me.
Wasn't a happy camper.
Reminded me of the storm about 10 years ago!!

Can't imagine what you are going thru.

I do agree that the neighbor and their tree need to fess up.

Might be time for about a gallon of Roundup

Dave

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stay away from the lotto; sounds like you done used up all your luck, and you'd end up owing them money.

Glad you're not hurt any worse than you are!

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, you are one tough cookie, you still have a great attitude and sense of humor despite your tragedy. I hope you heal soon. Someone was looking out for you. Be blessed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom