Tree 1, Me 0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy Crap! I feel for you Lady, well...I mean I don't actually feel the broken ribs and T's and punctured lung and the dent in your nose, but I feel bad that you got felled by a tree! Hope you heal up quickly, you can see that you have a lot of support here!

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah. Off the top of an old oak that has to be 120 feet tall. We have dealt with property damage from this neighbor's tree for YEARS. I think maybe we will get a little more stern about asking them to take responsibility for what they have acknowledged to us is a dangerous situation.
Uhmmm....after the lawsuit I think they will take it quite seriously!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You fell in that coop area!
Almost as bad as the tree hitting you.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.
Like others have stated I am glad you have a sense of humor about the situation.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Darn Gurl that was a close call....I hope the healing process goes quickly and as painless as possible.

Pssssst just between us girls.....if you ever find yourself in a situation like that again you might wanna

duck.jpg

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks cir the support and the giggles guys. I'm bored out of my mind and have taken to doing PT exercises I've been given before for various injuries to keep myself entertained.

I wish I could say I brushed it off gracefully and walked daintily to the house but the fact of the matter is I laid in a mess of puddled water, mud, chicken and duck poo and straw until I came to the realization that if I didn't do something I was likely gonna freeze to death with the dogs licking my face and nudging me to play and the ducks and chickens in my face cocking their heads like they do when they are curious about something. Also let me say that it IS possible for an old woman to army crawl with the best of them even is she can't breath for ****.

I am really surprised at how good I feel (it's NOT the drugs lol) overall but I run outta steam pretty quick. All the nurses and doctors have been really sweet except for that one guy so the odds have been in my favor so far.

I think there needs to be a stage at the next RNG where you HAVE to run a 1/2 mile full-tilt, then somebody gets to drench you in ice cold, muck water. THEN you get go crawl 100-150 feet (I gotta measure when I get home), get to a shelter and strip off your wet clothes and put on clean ones with one hand (ok I cheated a little -- I put on a bathrobe and flipflops) ... THEN you can shoot your 500 yard rifle shot -- one handed. With 100 pounds of cinder blocks laying on your back just for good measure.

I dunno what they have in store for me today. My O2 sats keep dropping below acceptable levels when I fall asleep so I'm afraid they are gonna keep me until they get that worked out but the nurses who have seen me more than once say the change from day before yesterday to yesterday has been remarkable. And I feel better overall (unless I move lol) today than I did yesterday so I'll take it.

ETA: Needs to be repeated -- laying flat on your back having your pain levdels "managed" by professionals is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT experience than the care ride home, the walk to the house and no access to fast-acting IV meds. I would have to start feeling better to die. Bleh.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom