Trump Rescinds Ban on Transfer of Some Military Equipment to Local Police

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
in a life or death fight would it be ok for the police to use a bayonet as a defensive weapon?
Are you suggesting that they need to add a bayonet to their already heavily-loaded equipment belts so that it's always at hand, and that they'd have the time to fix bayonets, but not be able to foresee the situation and come up with a better alternative?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Under Obama I'd disagree but Trump has no ill will toward the nation and I say go ahead. Remember the cops out in I think Los Angeles who were outgunned by bank robbers who had big guns with armor piercing bullets I think. That really looked bad on the news when they were taking fire and seeking cover.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd love for somebody to give me an example of a legitimate police use for bayonets. @Annie? @tomthebaker? @MacFromOK?

Lmao! What did I say about cherry picking with me?!?!? :bigeye:

:spitlaugh

You should know by now I don't debate whether my position is the correct one for EVERYONE. It is, however, MY position and it works for me. :musketeers:

:kiss::fallangel

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Under Obama I'd disagree but Trump has no ill will toward the nation and I say go ahead. Remember the cops out in I think Los Angeles who were outgunned by bank robbers who had big guns with armor piercing bullets I think. That really looked bad on the news when they were taking fire and seeking cover.

Not to mention running up to the LGS to "borrow" equipment. That was disgraceful.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The President has little-to-no impact on setting local LEO policy. Moreover, the equipment won't suddenly fail to function when the Administration changes.

My point, generally, is that a little headwork can obviate the need for equipment designed to carry out an assault in a war zone...but I suppose headwork isn't nearly so much fun as playing Tactical Timmy.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you suggesting that they need to add a bayonet to their already heavily-loaded equipment belts so that it's always at hand, and that they'd have the time to fix bayonets, but not be able to foresee the situation and come up with a better alternative?
you don't have to fix a bayonet to use it. Also, what you just asked is the exact reason the military still has bayonets.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd love for somebody to give me an example of a legitimate police use for bayonets. @Annie? @tomthebaker? @MacFromOK?
Riot Control. Its an indicator to demonstrators that the Police are done playing the game. Rioters quickly loose their machismo when facing bayonets backed by cops or NG doing the "Stomp and Drag"
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't generally advocate that. For when things get way out of hand though, I might. I mean way worse than Charlotte was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom