Trying to obtain a legal gun in Washington D.C

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welp, I din't have to read far at all to see things start to make sense. Take this excerpt for example "...individuals have to renew registration certificates every three years and show up at the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) every six years to be fingerprinted."

Fingerprinted every 6 years, because over time, a person's fingerprints change.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are no gunstores in DC........

Pinkhamr,

I thought I read that there is one gun dealer in DC located in the Police building but you are correct abotu there being no gun store - I think all he does is handle transfers for people seeking DC gun permits. I lived near DC while working at the Pentagon and the whole system is an ideologically driven joke - the DC folks scoff at the constitutional protection of the 2nd Amendment and criminals walk around with guns in bad neighborhoods ignoring the foolish laws.

fustigate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found that series a while ago, but hadn't been back to follow up.
Her whole reason for getting a gun (place she was house sitting got robbed because she didn't lock the door, IIRC) seemed pretty naive...

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are no gunstores in DC........

Right, according to the story there is just the one guy, Mr. Sykes. It goes on to say that he doesnt buy or sell guns, just does the transfers.

A few other crazy points I saw in the story:

You're only legally allowed ammunition for the gun you own. So I guess if you have a 9mm, but have some .40 laying around, thats illegal.

To sell ammunition in D.C., you have to be licensed. The only licensed guy doesnt sell ammo.

Its against city code for anyone to teach the certification class that the city requires within the city limits.

The city must perform a ballistics test before handing the gun over to you.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Certianly helps you understand why crime is so high in that town. It's easier huh?:scratch:

Visited there decades ago. Obviously there are some fascinating things to see in DC but right under its tourist exterior it is trash. As a nine year old kid I saw three men get shot while we were there on vacation. They lived, but still. Only in DC can a mayor get busted for crack.....then get reelected!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom