Tulsa Firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howoods

New to the site!
Reaction score
The wannabe cowboy there is a real ahole. Last Saturday he tried to change the rear sight setting on my AR while checking the rifle before I could go in the range. It was all I could do not to go over the counter. Do not plan on going back.

P.S. New member to this forum. Looks like a good one.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The wannabe cowboy there is a real ahole. Last Saturday he tried to change the rear sight setting on my AR while checking the rifle before I could go in the range. It was all I could do not to go over the counter. Do not plan on going back.

How do you know he's a wannabe?

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Welcome to OSA.

Older'n U

New to the site!
Reaction score
I took my CCW training there some time ago. I have returned several times and with my son as a guest. It is seriously outdated and a little too dark for my taste. I don't understand . . . they are sititng on a gold mine and competition is developing elsewhere in town.

DoubleOhAwesome

New to the site!
Reaction score
I have only been to two shooting ranges in Tulsa: Tulsa Firearms & 2A. I can tell you without a doubt 2A is a better facility. Tulsa Firearms was actually the first place I ever shot a real gun, and when I was a kid at least, everything seemed great. Well, I went back there awhile ago and it just wasn't a pleasant experience. First there's just too many rules. They have to check your ammo, 1 second rule between shots, you have to sit down if your shooting a rifle. Oh and the booths are so small that about half the casings bounced off the wall and then preceded to burn my neck. I brought 200 rounds to shoot through my new rifle, but the experience sucked so bad I left after 70 rounds. In their defense, I will say the person I encountered was pretty nice, and was generous enough to help me when I had a problem. But what ticked me off the most was when the "cowboy," as others have labeled him, grabbed by brand new rifle from me and took it to his office to inspect. I love my rifle and taking it from me like that made me very uncomfortable.

The only indoor range I plan to go to now is 2A. Yes, some of the staff can be a little crappy, but most seem happy to help, especially Eric. As for the staff that have an attitude or just seem lazy if you give them a little push they'll usually acquiesce to your request. Plus, they don't inspect your ammo and grab your weapons from you. However, I need an outdoor range to shoot at, and since Red Castle is booked up I think USSA will be the first gun range I become a member of. Seems like most people seem to love it?

Last edited:

maat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liked shooting my pistols at 2A, but it is not where I want to sight in a rifle. I guess it would be decent for shooting an AR(not sure they allow it)for short range slow tactical shots. I have shot at the range out on 66th st n near the police training center, but it's longest range is 100 yards. And, it is 20 bucks to shoot.

daddyof3_101

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liked shooting my pistols at 2A, but it is not where I want to sight in a rifle. I guess it would be decent for shooting an AR(not sure they allow it)for short range slow tactical shots. I have shot at the range out on 66th st n near the police training center, but it's longest range is 100 yards. And, it is 20 bucks to shoot.

That's ussa. And I'm pretty sure they have a 300 yard range on the back.

This signature is illegal in California

Latest posts

Top Bottom