Tulsa Firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, after saying I "shoot" there, I had been planning to go out to USSA to shoot today but prior to that I calculated how much I was spending at Tulsa Firearms and realized I could just get a membership at USSA. So, after calling them and getting some prices and what not (and running this all by the boss-lady) I decided to go ahead and do their 3 year deal. I shot there for 4 hours today. I doubt I'll ever go back to Tulsa Firearms. The facilities are A++ and the people are great too.

cinman14

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So, after saying I "shoot" there, I had been planning to go out to USSA to shoot today but prior to that I calculated how much I was spending at Tulsa Firearms and realized I could just get a membership at USSA. So, after calling them and getting some prices and what not (and running this all by the boss-lady) I decided to go ahead and do their 3 year deal. I shot there for 4 hours today. I doubt I'll ever go back to Tulsa Firearms. The facilities are A++ and the people are great too.

Comparing USSA to Tulsa Firearms is like saying you just ate a gourmet cheese burger from Mahogany Prime Steakhouse and saying you will never go back to fast food burgers..

The comparison is Apples to Oranges..

Tulsa Firearms provides an indoor location to shoot that is convenient and away from the weather Okla is known for..

A trip to the last Suppressor shoot showed me why I like indoor ranges.. HOT,HOT,HOT... And I would not really like to spend 4 hours outside when it's 15 degrees out trying to shoot in a range covered with snow or ice..

If you're going to compare USSA to anything it would have to be Happy Hollow..

When USSA gets around to building an indoor range I will drop Tulsa Firearms like a hot potato... [Broken External Image]

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Comparing USSA to Tulsa Firearms is like saying you just ate a gourmet cheese burger from Mahogany Prime Steakhouse and saying you will never go back to fast food burgers..

Tulsa Firearms provides an indoor location to shoot that is convenient and away from the weather Okla is known for..

A trip to the last Suppressor shoot showed me why I like indoor ranges.. HOT,HOT,HOT... And I would not really like to spend 4 hours outside when it's 15 degrees out trying to shoot in a range covered with snow or ice..

When USSA gets around to building an indoor range I will drop Tulsa Firearms like a hot potato... [Broken External Image]

Your right....it is apples to oranges. If you want to practice Bullseye shooting then TF is your place. If you want to train, whether it be self defence, defensive shooting or competition shooting then you cannot do that at TF. you cannot practice multiple target engagement, drawing , etc. It all depends on what you want and maybe more importantly "What you don't want"!!!
JMO

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your right....it is apples to oranges. If you want to practice Bullseye shooting then TF is your place. If you want to train, whether it be self defence, defensive shooting or competition shooting then you cannot do that at TF. you cannot practice multiple target engagement, drawing , etc. It all depends on what you want and maybe more importantly "What you don't want"!!!
JMO

With TF and USSA it's basically about how much money they can drain out of you. I mean if you've got $500-1500 to blow, go for it.

I pay $800 a year to keep one of my boats in a slip and the dock owner lets anyone that keeps their boat there shoot on his private land. It's much more laid back than dealing with the gun shop/range commandos at TF or USSA and no used car salesmen trying to get you to spend a fortune on training classes.

I guess it really just depends on if you're wanting to shoot, or if you've got more money than you know what to do with. I would say put what you would pay TF or USSA for a couple of years to shoot as a down payment on some land.

If you really need to shoot indoors, I would drive out to Medlocks, they've always been fairly reasonable.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Wow, I guess I hadn't realized all those differences (sarcasm). I'm not an idiot, I know the differences and they aren't the same. But they're both a drain on my wallet and I'd rather spend that money at USSA than at TF if over a year's time, I'm spending equal amounts of money at both. If the weather bothered me that much, I wouldn't have joined.

JMO

I did some Bullseye shooting at USSA yesterday without any problems, I was also able to do so at longer ranges than 50 feet.

With TF and USSA it's basically about how much money they can drain out of you. I mean if you've got $500-1500 to blow, go for it.

I pay $800 a year to keep one of my boats in a slip and the dock owner lets anyone that keeps their boat there shoot on his private land. It's much more laid back than dealing with the gun shop/range commandos at TF or USSA and no used car salesmen trying to get you to spend a fortune on training classes.

I guess it really just depends on if you're wanting to shoot, or if you've got more money than you know what to do with. I would say put what you would pay TF or USSA for a couple of years to shoot as a down payment on some land.

If you really need to shoot indoors, I would drive out to Medlocks, they've always been fairly reasonable.

I don't disagree with regards to private land, but I can't put $1.1K down on a 100 acres and have no other expenses for three years. If I had "more money than you know what to do with" I would go spend the $200K that is necessary (on the low end of things) to buy a 100 acre piece of property as well as maintenance costs required to keep up said property, and insurance and taxes on a yearly basis.

Latest posts

Top Bottom