Tulsa Firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I remember reading that......I actually posted on that thread. I guess it slipped me mind but now i'm just curious as to why people don't like it.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah I remember reading that......I actually posted on that thread. I guess it slipped me mind but now i'm just curious as to why people don't like it.

Kinda hard to explain....Lets just say I asked about Kimber one time, and the Marlboro man acted like I was an idiot for even considering a Kimber. You could walk into OPS and ask Eric if a high point was a decent carry gun, and he would try to educate you, not insult you. I think that can be said for all the people that I have seen there (Except for one guy named Randy..... hehe jk) That is the difference, at TF they are there to tell you how smart they are. At OPS and most other places, they want to help you make an educated decision.

I don't know Eric real well, but after shooting matches with him some, and getting to know him a bit better, he is truly a straight up honest guy who wants you to get the best deal, and gun you can. Then he wants to make sure you know how to use it. The rest of the guys in the gunroom there have the same mentality.

I know you wanted to know more about TF, but the best way I can tell you about them, is to tell you what they could be. They could be a great place to shop, and get help and training. Instead they are an elitist group of people who don't need you.

cinman14

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I shoot there about once a week.. It is a decent place to shoot if you don't mind them checking your ammo every time you shoot... By inspecting it I don't mean looking at every round. Just a simple look to see if it's FMJ and not tracer rounds..

If you want to rapid fire or draw from a holster you will need to let them know so they can have a range safety officer with you..

Their gun selection is limited but it is what it is.....

I kinda like taking my WWB .45 FMJ ammo in and trading it out for their Zero brand hollow points for 19.95...:ooh2:

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At OPS and most other places, they want to help you make an educated decision.

Both times I have visited the gun room at OPS, I was never even acknowledged. No "hello," no nod, nothing. It was like I was a ghost.

:nono2:

I bought my Glock elsewhere. I won't be going back.

dhall0225

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I'm considering joining Tulsa Firearms but I haven't heard many good things about it so I want some opinions. Can it really be that bad?

Dude, let me tell ya, my wife and I got a joint membership there. I learned quickly that the customers that they really like are the ones that know the least about guns. When you ask about a gun they redirect you to what they think you need, which is actually what they are trying to move that week. They loved dealing with my wife (for more reason than one I'm sure) much more than they did me. Plus, the range is SUPER restricted. You have to send your target to the painted line ONLY, no 5yd shooting. Then, I was approached by a range official (who didnt look very official) and told that I was shooting too fast and that I needed to "slow it down a bit, that target isnt going anywhere." Needless to say, our memberships have since expired without renewal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom