Tulsa Firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had good and bad experiences at every gun shop in town (except Medlocks and TK Supply where it's only been good) but even the bad experiences weren't anything to really talk about.

Tulsa Firearms can be fine if you listen to and follow their rules and can put up with the occasional egocentric alpha male. I was a member there and probably still would be if I hadn't bought property where I could shoot.

Bryan

cinman14

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you dont mind being treated like a kid who's gonna try and steal everything (some folks like that, i guess)Then I'd say join away

Could you please elaborate on this? I have been going there for years and have yet to see ANYONE at that store treated like they were going to steal everything...

You have to send your target to the painted line ONLY, no 5yd shooting.

That is done for the obvious safety reasons.. Two weeks ago the guy next to me hit the metal frame holding the target and the bullet fragment ricochet back and hit my forehead... Up until that time I never really understood why you needed to go out so far.

You won't find anyone that will allow 5yd shooting when steel is involved...

Is there any indoor range that will allow rapid fire? At least they don't enforce the stupid "3 second" rule like Happy Hollow...

dhall0225

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is done for the obvious safety reasons.. Two weeks ago the guy next to me hit the metal frame holding the target and the bullet fragment ricochet back and hit my forehead... Up until that time I never really understood why you needed to go out so far.

You won't find anyone that will allow 5yd shooting when steel is involved...

Is there any indoor range that will allow rapid fire? At least they don't enforce the stupid "3 second" rule like Happy Hollow...

Fair enough...I guess those are all good reasons to just stick with outdoor ranges. Actually, now that I think about it, I cant think of one reason why an indoor range is more beneficial than an outdoor range....in my own opinion of course. To the typical "weather" argument, I would say either dont go to the range in the rain/snow, or go anyway and learn how to shoot in those environments. It can only make you better, right?

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive shot there for years with not a problem- I just follow their rules. ( Have never felt any pressure to buy their ammo over what I bring in,never been warned of anything I did wrong,etc...). I also live near Coweta and I like that its closer to home than any where else indoor. Someone builds a new indoor range close to me though then I would probably go there. Thats really the only draw of the place for me. I usually dont have a lot of time to spend on things outside of my home based business so driving far from home to shoot is not an option. I like to go to TF early in the day during the week when hardly any one is there,get in,do my business,and get out. I have some land off of 141st I can and do shoot at but I like to shoot at an indoor range some times also. Plus I just want to minimize having any problems with neighbors on both sides of my land even though Ive talked to them, built up a decent berm, and we shoot safe out there. Just my .02.

cinman14

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Fair enough...I guess those are all good reasons to just stick with outdoor ranges. Actually, now that I think about it, I cant think of one reason why an indoor range is more beneficial than an outdoor range....in my own opinion of course. To the typical "weather" argument, I would say either dont go to the range in the rain/snow, or go anyway and learn how to shoot in those environments. It can only make you better, right?

I like having the option to shoot when it's hovering around a hundred outside or it has rained for two days straight..

I would like to see USSA build an indoor range adjacent to their current setup.. Kinda like a "one size fits all" approach... That would be awesome....

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot there due to it's location, that's about it. One of the things that really bothers me is that if I want to run over and do a little rifle plinking, they won't let me on the "rifle range" without rifle cartridges. I always thought they just wanted to ensure only long guns were used to make sure the people were on target at the longer distances, I guess this isn't the case as they won't allow pistol caliber long guns onto the longer lanes. That being the case, I have no idea why. So, if you want to shoot a pistol and a rifle, they charge you for two lane fees.

The younger guys seem nice enough (they will assume you know nothing about shooting for good reason - I've seen a lot of dumb asses in there), I haven't really dealt with the older guys.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never shot at Tulsa Firearms, mainly because of the cost ($25 for a guest fee?!)... In Tulsa I have used Medlock's and thought they were pleasant and the range rates were reasonable.

That said, I browsed Tulsa Firearms and never had an issue with the staff. They were no worse or better than Outdoor America or H&H in the City; you get some people who know their stuff and recognize that you know yours... and then you get some Bubbas...

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My membership that I got when I bought my USP expires next month. I won't be renewing. I shot there once. It wasn't bad, but the attitude of the employees wears on me. Although I have to say the guy who sold me the gun was a might friendlier when he figured out I was actually there to buy...

Latest posts

Top Bottom