Tulsa Firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy8

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Could you please elaborate on this? I have been going there for years and have yet to see ANYONE at that store treated like they were going to steal everything...
I would love to;)
Stopped in to check out their used gun selection,I said "I'm just looking".Their jr.johnny salesman must have been working for his gunshop commando merit badge because he waited untill I got to the gun case and came over and hovered over the counter/locked counter mind you,didn't ask if I wanted to see anything just stareing at me like he was in a trance.So I walked over to the Safes and started looking at the insides,looked up and sure enough jr. was hovering over me,didn't ask if I had any questions,just the same hovering stare.You may call it being an attentive salesman but
he needs to work on his interpersonal people /conversational skills,you know offer a few words about the perticular safe I'm looking at at the time,instead of leering creepily like a stalker.gave me the willies.

cinman14

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would love to;)
Stopped in to check out their used gun selection,I said "I'm just looking".Their jr.johnny salesman must have been working for his gunshop commando merit badge because he waited untill I got to the gun case and came over and hovered over the counter/locked counter mind you,didn't ask if I wanted to see anything just stareing at me like he was in a trance.So I walked over to the Safes and started looking at the insides,looked up and sure enough jr. was hovering over me,didn't ask if I had any questions,just the same hovering stare.You may call it being an attentive salesman but
he needs to work on his interpersonal people /conversational skills,you know offer a few words about the perticular safe I'm looking at at the time,instead of leering creepily like a stalker.gave me the willies.

Maybe he liked the jeans you were wearing... :haay:

:bolt:

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would love to;)

I went there once, while trying to decide on what handgun to buy. I had only owned a revolver up to that point and just needed to get my hands on several, and see what I liked. Somehow the combination of "not looking to buy/just looking" meant that he was not going to bother with letting me handle anything. I could join the range, and rent stuff if I wanted, otherwise I could just move on.

I did, and got a nice Sig somewhere else. They let me touch it before I signed an agreement to buy it to. This was the Marlboro man again, btw.

I have also had completely un related business transactions with the people at TF, they are just not the kind of people who do things properly.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

One of the most pleasant days I had was the day I purchased a membership at an outdoor range and knew I would never have to return to TF again.

I really tried to like TF. I tried to look past their attitude. Having them take a magnet to every box of ammo I brought in. Not being able to bring my own targets in and being forced to buy theirs. Always getting the eyebrow for picking up my brass instead of leaving it for them. Them being picky about how quickly you shoot, etc. Getting the luxury of paying BOTH a membership fee and a range fee.

I remember having a problem with a new Glock 30 that it would not lockup fully and was getting off center primer strikes. Their solution was that they wanted to blast the striker channel with oil! They seemed highly offended when I informed them that a Glock striker channel should be dry as a bone. A new less tight extractor fixed the issue.

I think the last straw was when I was trying to sell a very nice condition low round count Glock 19. Their offer to me was $200.

I can't say the experience was always bad, there were a couple of employees that made an effort. But this was typically not the case. It has probably been 4-5 years since I've been there so I'm not sure if anything has changed since.

Good luck,

Alan

bigken

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It surprises me that so many people have problems with them. I've been going there on a regular basis for a while now and never had a single problem. The guys that work there have always been decent with me although I've never dealt with the older guys so I can't say about them. I don't mind following all their range rules. They're just trying to make sure their behinds are covered.

bgnad

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep my membership there because it is a mile from my office and I can get in an occasional lunch hour shoot.

Their ok, and it's not like anyone there has ever been abusive with me or anything like that.

I took my SDA class there and bought a 1911 from them.

For the most part I avoid expressing opinions that do not agree with theirs and don't have a lot of problems..

Latest posts

Top Bottom