Tulsa gun club?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was a member for a few years, I only shot pistols and got very tired of only being able to shoot paper targets, seemed like they catered mainly to the shotgun guys. Is it still the same???? I joined Red Castle two years ago and have been very happy that I did, it may be a 30 min. drive from Catoosa instead of 10 to TGC but it is well worth it.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
went to join up at the tgc and before i did i was checking the ranges out and the owner/operator saw me and went off like a crazed moron on me about everything he could think of. plus the fact he didn't know me from sam hill he used alot of expletive language i'll never go there again and after the phyco went off i changed my mind about joining. just my 2 cents worth.

I'll admit Rich isn't the most personable of people:) He grows on you though(like a growth, seriously)

I was a member for a couple years as well, they have made some improvements since I was a member but it still caters to mostly trap and skeet shooters. They do have the cowboy action range now and their pistol range isn't the worst I've seen but if you want to shoot rifles, it's a short range and I think you can only do it maybe one day a week. I did like their skeet ranges though.

OK Bush Pilot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have sat through that horrible two hour class at Red Castle as a guest, WOW! Seriously, they should think about editing that down to about 45 minutes. To me, it seemed to be full of a lot of self-gratification & look at how good I am, instead of the basic range rules. Plus, I rode my Harley Davidson out for the class & was promptly told motorcycles are not allowed. If I can carry what I am planning on shooting, i.e. my 45 & some ammo in the bags of my motorcycle and combine 2 of my hobbies, why is that any concern of yours! Currently, I’m not a member of either.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have sat through that horrible two hour class at Red Castle as a guest, WOW! Seriously, they should think about editing that down to about 45 minutes. To me, it seemed to be full of a lot of self-gratification & look at how good I am, instead of the basic range rules. Plus, I rode my Harley Davidson out for the class & was promptly told motorcycles are not allowed. If I can carry what I am planning on shooting, i.e. my 45 & some ammo in the bags of my motorcycle and combine 2 of my hobbies, why is that any concern of yours! Currently, I’m not a member of either.

The motorcycle rule isn't becuase of the gun club, it's because the club is located on the John Zink Ranch and it's part of their agreement to allow the club to operate on their land. Not sure exactly why, unless it's dated and designed to reduce fires or offroading or ? but nevertheless it is a John Zink rule and not the club's fault.

BigDean65

New to the site!
Reaction score
I have been a member of Red Castle for several years, I would definitely put my vote in for them.

So many different activities and ranges to choose from. Long range, bench rest, Cowboy Action, Plinking range, sporting clays, skeet fields, handgun ranges, 22 silhouette... so many things to do with a great range out and facilities.

I highly recommend!!!

The part about no motorcycles is, I believe, because the Gun club is on John Zink, which is a wildlife refuge, and some motorcycles can be pretty noisy.

Last edited:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The motorcycle rule isn't becuase of the gun club, it's because the club is located on the John Zink Ranch and it's part of their agreement to allow the club to operate on their land. Not sure exactly why, unless it's dated and designed to reduce fires or offroading or ? but nevertheless it is a John Zink rule and not the club's fault.

A few years ago that went into effect because some people started bringing out dirt bikes and riding them all over.
Also unless you have a big heavy steel bike it won't trip the metal detector that operates the gate exit.
People also slip their bike under the gate and sneak in.
Only takes a few to screw it up for everybody.

Stoked

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This may be slightly off topic...

I bought a membership at Tulsa Firearms. I got a free one that I gave to a friend. I wouldn't recommend that place to anyone. The help stands around expecting you to ask them for what you want instead of them asking if they can assist you. They are rude and the cost is not any less than the large ranges in the metro that offer much more for your money. I thought a $70 membership was great. Until you think about the $70 plus the $11.xx every time you go there to shoot, you can easily pay the $300ish a year for the superior ranges.

The last time I was in there they had some guy behind the counter that was worse then the others, hard to believe but true. After I finally got checked out, he was handing my membership card back and I told him to keep it because I wouldn't be coming back. I hate to be that way but there are too many other places that offer more without the

Last edited by a moderator:

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to be that way but there are too many other places that offer more without the .

Where are the other indoor ranges you speak of? Medlocks is fine if you don't plan on shooting past 3pm on Saturday and they are closed on Sunday and Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stoked

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't need an indoor range. I shoot all year round outside. I only joined them because initially their membership fee seemed to be the best choice. Indoor ranges ranges are for soft folks. The larger ranges around Tulsa end up costing the same money in the end and they offer more. All Tulsa Firearms can say they have over everyone else is the fact their range is indoors. Who wants to shoot their centerfire at 50 yards? If you take a rimfire rifle in there they make you shot it on the pistol side. What fun is 25 yards with a scoped rifle? There is nothing but suck about that whole place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom