turkey guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've shot one, but without a scope. Yes, when the primer goes off, you know something happened!

I used to tell my buddies hey I hurt my shoulder would shot this so I can see what kind of group it has. They would shoot it and hand it back to me giving me a go to hell look nobody never would want to shoot it again and another thing you know how if your shooting at a animal you don't notice the recoil like shooting at a target. This doesn't happen with this gun dam thing still hurts even when shooting at a turkey.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Fausti O/U with mod chokes top and bottom, my waterfowl gun. Sometimes use a 2 3/4" #5 pheasant load, or most of the time a 3" steel #2 duck load. Haven't ever felt the need to try a 3.5" lead out of it, 3.5" steel isn't bad. A naked turkey head and neck ain't nothing special to penetrate.

12g ML sxs shotgun was fun last year, may do it again this year. A load of reclaimed shot did fine last year after a slow learning curve lol.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True story- first bird i ever killed was using a 3.5 in load of #5s in a mossberg 835- After I came to my senses, I walked over grabbed my bird, slung it over my shoulder and headed down the road. I notice blood dripping on the road as I was walking and thought it was coming from the turkey. Wrong, it was coming from a gash in my cheek where the gun busted me. Lol. Made for great pics. As I was walking out I saw a copperhead and didnt shoot it because all i had was those 3.5s and I didnt want no more of that.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is exactly why I only shoot 3". I keep a few 8's in my pocket for snakes too. Let the birds get a little closer to where the 3" work fine and stop punishing yourself.

duckhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like the Benelli Super Black Eagle II. Anyone have experience with it?

Yes!! Love my SBEII. Bought it new from Bass Pro 5 or 6 years ago and have never had a problem. I do keep it pretty clean though. I'm actually going to be posing mine for sale on here real soon. Having a baby in August and need to get some funds.

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20160401_125219.jpg
my shotgun was made in turkey.
I'm shooting fed 3" 1 7/8oz #4

Latest posts

Top Bottom