Turkey Mountain--firearm ban

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought some of the trails went onto/thru private property. if so, maybe thats where you see the signs.

The private is open for public use. No signs anywhere on it other then trial maps/emergency medical points. You can't tell the difference between the city land and private land, no dividing line, markers, signs etc.
The place Ted is talking about is the main parking area which is city/river parks property.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ar15.jpg

Jacob88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's too bad. I'm in OKC now, but lived in Tulsa for about a decade, and I loved to mountain bike out there. Great trails. However, there are some really sketch people that hang out there too, do drugs out there and so forth. I'm all about adventure and a little danger, but in the sense of some intense downhill biking, not getting robbed by a druggie. Can't we just enjoy ourselves and feel safe doing it??! Sheesh.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the same question about Oktoberfest which is produced by the River Parks Authority. Firearms and weapons forbidden and searches were conducted at the entrance. I read last night about the city amending its ordinances related to firearms. I'm not a legal expert but I've yet to find a loophole for festivals in a public park.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's too bad. I'm in OKC now, but lived in Tulsa for about a decade, and I loved to mountain bike out there. Great trails. However, there are some really sketch people that hang out there too, do drugs out there and so forth. I'm all about adventure and a little danger, but in the sense of some intense downhill biking, not getting robbed by a druggie. Can't we just enjoy ourselves and feel safe doing it??! Sheesh.

40 or so years ago me and several of my friends cut in most of those trails on Turkey Mountain with our dirt bikes. One of my friends had some property off Elwood that was accross the road that opened up to that whole area and we rode it most every weekend. Years later, they ran us out because we were "disturbing" the dirt.

That was along the same time that a TPD officer shot me with his new hand held radar gun down on the Arkansas River bed South of the I-44 bridge close to Riverside Dr. and threatened to give me a ticket for 76mph on my 450 Husky in the sand if I did not slow down. He could not tell me what the posted speed limit was on that Federal Property River Bed, so I rode off with a rooster tail of sand following and never looked back. Fortunately my trailer was parked on the opposite side of the river.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, it's bogus and of no legal effect... unless they're going to try to call the shitter at Turkey Mountain a "structure [. . .] which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public"... but I'm pretty sure to fall into that category you have to be taking it up the ass when you go there. :D

Anyways, rest assured that if some idjit officer arrests you for carrying there, you can dream of all the money you will be getting from your false imprisonment and civil rights suit against the City while you are munching your free bologna sandwich in David L. Moss.

Latest posts

Top Bottom