Two ID's Seems Silly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just finished filling out my application for CCW so that I can turn it in tomorrow. On it, they ask for my DL #. I also read in another thread how when someone was pulled over, the OHP officer could tell he had a permit from running his license.

Seems to me then that a more beneficial process would be to have an endorsement for CCW like the M for motorcycle or other endorsments that show on my CDL. Then you could pick up the paperwork from the Sheriff's office, head to the tag office and get a new license or state ID made with the new endorsement. This way you only carry one ID and it has your CCW info on it along with everything else.

Am I crazy or does this make more sense to you guys too? Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy to carry my permit when it comes in and that beats not having the option but seems a little redundant. Heck, since the govt wants to always push "green" on us, save the paper and plastic and put it on the one card we're already carrying.

Anyway, to the decision makers out there, you're welcome for my stating the obvious

:urwelcome:

OldCurlyWolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just finished filling out my application for CCW so that I can turn it in tomorrow. On it, they ask for my DL #. I also read in another thread how when someone was pulled over, the OHP officer could tell he had a permit from running his license.

Seems to me then that a more beneficial process would be to have an endorsement for CCW like the M for motorcycle or other endorsments that show on my CDL. Then you could pick up the paperwork from the Sheriff's office, head to the tag office and get a new license or state ID made with the new endorsement. This way you only carry one ID and it has your CCW info on it along with everything else.

Am I crazy or does this make more sense to you guys too? Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy to carry my permit when it comes in and that beats not having the option but seems a little redundant. Heck, since the govt wants to always push "green" on us, save the paper and plastic and put it on the one card we're already carrying.

Anyway, to the decision makers out there, you're welcome for my stating the obvious

:urwelcome:

Actually I do NOT think it is a good Idea. When I have to present identification for other reasons that dealing with LE, I DO NOT want that information on my DL for everyone to see. Especially some idjiot who may be anit-2A.

:nutkick:

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^That endorsement would be on the back. Most people look on the front to make sure info is correct, not on the back.I personally have no problems with people knowing that I'm packing. What's the big deal. I see no issues with it.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like having both and keeping them seperate.

After all, if we wanted to combine things like that, we could argue that it would be more efficient to just have an implanted chip in our forehead that can be scanned for our bio, medical, dental, financial, etc...

I'm not ready to go down that road. My bunker isn't built yet and I only have 3 MRE's saved up.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe the LEO can already access the info with your DL so it's not like he wouldn't know if you didn't show your permit. The endorsment would be on the front with explanation of what the endorsements are on the back.

As far as combining too much stuff... Like I say, if they already have access to the info from your DL, then why carry two cards? As far as all your info being accessed by the govt from a computer chip... if you filled out the info on the form, you entered your DL# and SSN you've already complied to accessing most everything about you with one number. Not saying I'm a fan of the chip (absolutely not) but I don't think that simply carrying two separate pieces of plastic will prevent my info from being accessed.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe the LEO can already access the info with your DL so it's not like he wouldn't know if you didn't show your permit. The endorsment would be on the front with explanation of what the endorsements are on the back.

As far as combining too much stuff... Like I say, if they already have access to the info from your DL, then why carry two cards? As far as all your info being accessed by the govt from a computer chip... if you filled out the info on the form, you entered your DL# and SSN you've already complied to accessing most everything about you with one number. Not saying I'm a fan of the chip (absolutely not) but I don't think that simply carrying two separate pieces of plastic will prevent my info from being accessed.

I wouldn't be worried about it from a 'being accessed' standpoint. I just like having the issues seperated. Maybe I'm silly like that but it just feels better in the big picture. I have a drivers license for driving and a CCW for carrying concealed and I like it that way. I can always let one go if I want without effecting the other or ???

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In OK you only have to show your CCW to a LEO if you are armed at the time of contact. That in and of itself is reason enough to keep the DL and CCW seperate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom