Two is one, one is none...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've all heard this saying from time to time. Mostly from gun guys in the know...instructors, cops who have been there/done that. Well...it happened to me tonight.

As most of you know, I'm a die hard Surefire guy. I have been since the night my handy, dandy, rusty, trusty ol' Streamlight SL-20 (rechargeable) took a sh*t on me a coupla years ago in the middle of a friggin' manhunt of all times. :pissed:

The thing I like about Surefire (as well as the thing I hate about 'em :grumble:) is the fact that you get 100% of your battery life from them. Meaning, you don't get any of that soft, amber low battery warning light that your Maglite gives you when the batts get low. With Surefire, they are bright as hell one minute and then graveyard dead the next time you use it.

This happened to me just a few minutes ago.

I'm making my rounds, locking some doors. I go into a building that is darker than the inside of an ape's ass. I draw my Surefire G2, which was working just fine and dandy last night when I got off, and press the tailcap button.

Nothing. :yikes2:

But wait! I reach into my pocket and...Ta-da! There's my good ol' EDC flashlight, my Surefire L4 "Digital Lumamax!"

I light up what needed lit up, leave the building, get back to my cruiser, reach into my duty bag, dig around for a second until I grasp my Surefire spares carrier, which holds 6 more fresh batts and a spare bulb. Dump the old batts out, pop a pair of new ones in and viola'! Back in business.

If it wasn't for my Surefire L4 "Digital Lumamax" flashlight, I'da been SOL and DRT, feeling around the dark room like Ray Charles.

I've said it once, I'll say it again...Two is one, one is none. If you carry a Surefire flashlight and rely on it to get you thru some tough situations, do yourself a favor and invest in a smaller backup light. It could mean the difference between saving the day or losing your ass. In my case, it might have just meant a little inconvienence. But what if this had been an armed encounter?

Are you ready?

BoomerShooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I def feel ya here - I love my surefire for hunting - nothing beats it when it comes to trying to trail a deer at night.

But you betcha I have a 10 pack of those CR123 batteries in my backpack...

Latest posts

Top Bottom